Next date?

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
2Bornot2B

Next date?

Post by 2Bornot2B »

Good luck to everyone now that interviews seem to be over!

Does anyone have any sense of when we should expect next contact from LMI about whether we are recipients or not? I have heard that the program self-imposes a deadline in early April, but other posts in past years have indicated hearing back in May. I only ask because the sooner I hear, the better I can prepare my finances for next year's tuition. Obviously, I am not banking on this coming through, but it would help me make some important decisions rn. Thanks!

EliosHarg

Re: Next date?

Post by EliosHarg »

During my interview, they said it would be within a month of the recommendation deadline. So, I would guess around April 20 based on that.

currentsmart

Post by currentsmart »

Last year we found out in May, but that was later than usual due to federal budget stuff.

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

Some years you hear as early as the first week of april, other years you hear in late may. You'll most likely get an ambiguous sound denial email because you can also get accepted if someone else drops out after their SF visit in mid-late june.

guest01

Post by guest01 »

Last year we were notified on April 6th that decisions were delayed, and the final decisions were released starting May 9th in two waves (including non-rejection rejection emails). As currentsmart said that was due to a delayed budget deal. This year it doesn't look like we'll have that problem, and also LMI seems to be more on top of things than ASEE, so I'm guessing by mid April.

GuEsT0102

Post by GuEsT0102 »

I spoke with SMART today and they said we should expect to hear from them in the next 2 weeks.