Selected by SF

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
Junior

Selected by SF

Post by Junior »

Hi everyone! I was contacted by a SF about a week ago and the man I spoke to said the base was impressed by my application and decided to "select" me. He then told me about the history of the base and the position that I would be hired into if I "choose to match with the base." Does this mean I received the scholarship? Thanks in advance!

Potential

Re: Selected by SF

Post by Potential »

Junior wrote:Hi everyone! I was contacted by a SF about a week ago and the man I spoke to said the base was impressed by my application and decided to "select" me. He then told me about the history of the base and the position that I would be hired into if I "choose to match with the base." Does this mean I received the scholarship? Thanks in advance!
It sounds promising, but you won't know officially until the scholarship winners are announced (possibly at the end of next month/beginning of May).
Sometimes facilities don't get any funding for that year, or they put you on a list (say of 5 candidates) and only get funding for their top three.

irenea

Post by irenea »

It also depends on if you've been selected by any other SF. You might find out that you were selected by multiple SFs, but without an interview for the others. My understanding is that SMART decides who goes where.

EliosHarg

Post by EliosHarg »

It also depends on how many spots the SF is getting and where you rank. I.e. if you are their #2 and they have 5 spots, then you are pretty much in. If you are their #4 and they only have 3 spots, you better hope you or someone else get picked by another SF.