Patrick AFB AFTAC

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
gingersnap

Patrick AFB AFTAC

Post by gingersnap »

Has anyone else heard from AFTAC at Patrick AFB in Florida? I had a short phone interview yesterday (the guy explained what it is they do in the Radio-chemistry Lab and made sure I understood the requirements for summer internships and post-graduation employment) and my interviewer made it known a hand-full of students (5 or 6 maybe) were being considered for submission for 1 position.

Side note: I looked up AFTAC on the SMART website to read the info page and my major (Chemistry) was't even listed as a preferred STEM field for that facility and AFTAC was not one of my preferred SFs. This was my first contact with an SF so if you haven't heard anything yet, don't despair.

Re: Patrick AFB AFTAC

Post by Guest »

I had an interview with that facility yesterday too. I also did not list them as one of my preferred SFs and also noticed that they are not listed under Chemistry (I'm a Chemistry major as well). My interview was very similar with what he spoke about, mainly focusing on the radio-chemistry and understanding the terms of the program.