Stipend

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
Lakdjjdjejejkssw

Stipend

Post by Lakdjjdjejejkssw »

If you are awarded the scholarship, how long does it take to receive the first stipend payment? Thanks.

GuestM

Re: Stipend

Post by GuestM »

You will receive your acceptance letter in April or May, then you will get your first stipend in August. In general the stipends are paid the 3rd Friday of each month.

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

Third Friday of August. Which also includes your extra payments for supplies and health insurance!

You can't have another job starting august first but you can work for the rest of the time!

LostinCyberspace

Post by LostinCyberspace »

kbl2017 wrote:Third Friday of August. Which also includes your extra payments for supplies and health insurance!

You can't have another job starting august first but you can work for the rest of the time!
Even as an independent contractor/self-employed? (I'm a tutor and I wondering if I could continue doing that if I am awarded the fellowship.)

part _time

Post by part _time »

You can have a part time position that does not exceed 16 hours a week.

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

LostinCyberspace wrote:
kbl2017 wrote:Third Friday of August. Which also includes your extra payments for supplies and health insurance!

Even as an independent contractor/self-employed? (I'm a tutor and I wondering if I could continue doing that if I am awarded the fellowship.)
Yeah! That's fine as long as it's under 16 hours a week and isn't government funded. If it's over 16 hrs you could also tell them why it doesn't impact your own studies. Someone from my SF got approved to be an RA even though that was over 16 hrs.