ME major receiving two emails

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
Ccccc

ME major receiving two emails

Post by Ccccc »

I originally received an email saying I didn't get to the next round then about 3 hours later was told that the mechanical engineering pool was increased and I moved on. Did anyone else receive these emails?

Farkle

Re: ME major receiving two emails

Post by Farkle »

Exact same thing happened to me.

Benvalenta

Post by Benvalenta »

I had the exact same thing happen. I assume that since the later one said the number of MEs who made it on has been expanded that that is the email we should listen to.

Astrobot96

Post by Astrobot96 »

I'm an ME student (applying for the graduate program) and I only got the one email. What time did you get both emails?

Astrobot96

Post by Astrobot96 »

Wow, just reread that and realized it's incredibly ambiguous. I got one email saying I made it past the first round. Nothing about expanding the number of ME candidates.

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

Astrobot96 wrote:Wow, just reread that and realized it's incredibly ambiguous. I got one email saying I made it past the first round. Nothing about expanding the number of ME candidates.
Probably just means you were in the top chunk of the ME group. Last year a similar thing happened with acceptances. Two large rounds happened instead of the standard one because they ended up with more scholarships than expected.