Grad semi-finalisit, not enrolled in program yet

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
wannabephd

Grad semi-finalisit, not enrolled in program yet

Post by wannabephd »

So I've been following this forum for a minute and I don't think I've seen a question like the one I'm about to ask. As a graduate student, we aren't required to be enrolled in an institution before we apply for the scholarship, we just list our one school choice. The school I listed I applied to, but if I applied to other schools and was accepted elsewhere, am I obligated to enroll in the initial one, or does it matter as long as I enroll in the same graduate program/major listed?

currentsmarty

Re: Grad semi-finalisit, not enrolled in program yet

Post by currentsmarty »

So I applied to this scholarship last year, during my senior year in undergrad. As long as you get into a program, SMART does not care where you go. I even brought up the schools I was admitted into during my interview, and they told me to choose whichever, it did not matter to them. Good luck!

wannabephd

Post by wannabephd »

OH THAT IS GREAT NEWS!!!! Well... I guess I will keep applying then! :) Thanks for the information!

wannabephd

Post by wannabephd »

currentsmarty wrote:So I applied to this scholarship last year, during my senior year in undergrad. As long as you get into a program, SMART does not care where you go. I even brought up the schools I was admitted into during my interview, and they told me to choose whichever, it did not matter to them. Good luck!
Do you know when you have to provide proof that you have been accepted into your program?

smart

Post by smart »

If I am remembering correctly, it's not until after you have accepted the award and have to fill out a bunch of forms. Awards were not given out until May. I had already accepted my spot in a graduate program before I knew I had gotten the scholarship. I don't remember needing to send in an acceptance letter or anything.

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

I never gave them anything official. If I remember correctly I talked about it on the phone in my interview but definitely didn't send a letter or anything to SMART.

Evanh

Post by Evanh »

currentsmarty wrote:So I applied to this scholarship last year, during my senior year in undergrad. As long as you get into a program, SMART does not care where you go. I even brought up the schools I was admitted into during my interview, and they told me to choose whichever, it did not matter to them. Good luck!
Thank you for the information. I have been curious about this as well.

I will be applying for graduate funding starting my senior undergraduate year. Any advice or information you can share?

Evan
Double Major Mathematics & Physics