Now What?

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
EWengineer

Now What?

Post by EWengineer »

Just notified that I didn't get moved on to the next round. I'm sure those who did deserve it more, it's just difficult knowing I'll have to spend another year of working full-time while attending school, which means another year of not seeing much of my wife and kids.

What do I do now? Are there any similar programs out there? Can I find out what factors I fell short on?

codexhound

Re: Now What?

Post by codexhound »

I don't personally know of any programs exactly like smart but I would check out the internships/fellowships the DOE offers. I think some of them are still in the application phase. As for why some didn't make it past this phase, I guess we can always ask directly. It's always a mix though, depends on whether you are an undergraduate/graduate and your experiences, professional and academic. It seems GPA is not the determining factor especially for graduate students.

mb2018

Re: Now What?

Post by mb2018 »

There is a program that some schools offer called the CyberCorps scholarship. I would look into it. The site has a list of participating schools, and it is really similar to SMART in my opinion. Good luck with everything!