Exact Date

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
Just Curious George

Exact Date

Post by Just Curious George »

I saw when reading some of the other strands that last year’s applicants were posting when they received the phase 1 success email to the date (Feb 7). For those that were awarded the scholarship, what day was it last year that you knew for a fact you were awarded the scholarship?

awardee

Re: Exact Date

Post by awardee »

I found out that I was awarded the scholarship in early March.

awardee

Post by awardee »

Scratch that, May.

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

awardee wrote:Scratch that, May.

Right around May 5th (give or take a few days) was the first round of emails, I ended up hearing from my SF before I got official word from smart around May 12th. Then the official second round notification was on May 15th. Others hear later from declines from the first round notices, second round notices and those who decided not to take the scholarship after their SF visit.

In general you hear early April, if not SMART will send you an email saying it has been delayed.

thack

Post by thack »

Do they send emails to the applicants when their application is denied?

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

thack wrote:Do they send emails to the applicants when their application is denied?
Pretty sure same day or the next day. For the may 5th date you either got in or you got This weird ambiguous email saying "we may have other rounds but If you don't hear from us again you didn't get it" so like it said a bunch of us heard cause the second round appeared to be a lot of people, but others didn't get anything.

Since you've found this forum though, even if they didn't send a rejection email during the first round you'd know because people will post their acceptance emails.