GPA

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
nsjdiifif3930

GPA

Post by nsjdiifif3930 »

What happens if you don’t get a 3.0 GPA one semester? Thanks.

mecheng

Re: GPA

Post by mecheng »

nsjdiifif3930 wrote:What happens if you don’t get a 3.0 GPA one semester? Thanks.
"SSPPs enter the first funding year with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. If grades for the degree funded by SMART fall below a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale between application and the start of the fall term of the initial funding year, the SSPP may be immediately dismissed from the SSP."

"SSPPs maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale from the academic institution(s) for which they receive SMART funding. After a SMART award is funded, only the grades for the degree funded by SMART are used to calculate GPA. If the SSPP fails to maintain the required GPA, the SSPP may be placed in an auditable status of non-compliance and/or dismissed from the SSP."

"SSPPs who do not complete the degree funded with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale do not successfully complete phase 1. If a SSPP cannot be hired by the SF based on their failure to meet SSP academic requirements, then the SSPP will be dismissed from the SSP."

Hope this helps.

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

You'll be put on probation and you'll have to get your GPA above 3.0 the next semester or you will be dismissed. In a lot of graduate programs you must maintain a 3.0 to graduate as well - that is treated the same way.

nsjdiifif3930

Post by nsjdiifif3930 »

So you get a chance to bring it back up? Will you have to pay everything back if you can’t?

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

nsjdiifif3930 wrote:So you get a chance to bring it back up? Will you have to pay everything back if you can’t?
You have the one semester to bring it up. If you lose the scholarship I believe you have to pay back the cost of tuition but I've read on this forum that you do not owe them back the stipend. I can't confirm that though.