ASEE is giving SMART to the LMI

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
kbl2017

ASEE is giving SMART to the LMI

Post by kbl2017 »

Current scholars received an email stating that the Logistics Management Institute will be taking over the SMART scholarship. Don't worry, this won't change anything for your submission processes but just a heads up that future emails and such may not be coming from the same place!

MRusso

Re: ASEE is giving SMART to the LMI

Post by MRusso »

Thanks for the warning!

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

You're welcome!

Also an update to this the website will not be regaining full functionality until February 1st.

MRusso

Post by MRusso »

Well, it's a good thing the final announcement for winning or not isn't until March then XD

sdfkdskfs

Post by sdfkdskfs »

MRusso wrote:Well, it's a good thing the final announcement for winning or not isn't until March then XD

They did it in may this last year, so don't get your hopes up about hearing in March LOL

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

sdfkdskfs wrote:
MRusso wrote:Well, it's a good thing the final announcement for winning or not isn't until March then XD

They did it in may this last year, so don't get your hopes up about hearing in March LOL
LOL. I heard mid may. You'll hear about the second round by march, but you don't have to do anything about it on the website unless you're accepted which at the earliest seems to be April 1st.

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

Guest2323232 wrote:https://smartscholarshipprod.service-no ... mart_index

This site works...
Isn't this a saved copy of the website? Either way we got an email from SMART saying the website will not be functional until they tell us otherwise! I do imagine they have a copy of it somewhere as they're redoing/testing it but I'm sure it's not accurate.

laserdan

Post by laserdan »

I emailed ASEE about whether my application made it to full completion. Here is their response:

Further information regarding your application and its status will be provided later this week. At that time, we will notify you about any next steps in regards to your eligibility for the 2018 SMART scholarship.

Regards,

The SMART Scholarship Team
1818 N. Street, NW Suite 600
Washington, D.C. 20036
Smart@asee.org

Hdfstudent18

Post by Hdfstudent18 »

This site works...
I just tried to log in to this site and my info doesn't work...Were you able to log in with the information that you used for the asee site?

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

Hdfstudent18 wrote:

This site works...
I just tried to log in to this site and my info doesn't work...Were you able to log in with the information that you used for the asee site?
I would not worry. I can't log into my account and I'm a current recipient.

anon123

Post by anon123 »

Can someone please post the new email address? I am a SMART recipient and need to update my contact info, but can't because the website is down! Thanks!

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

anon123 wrote:Can someone please post the new email address? I am a SMART recipient and need to update my contact info, but can't because the website is down! Thanks!
smart@lmi.org is the general one

smartscholar@lmi.org is specific for you if you're currently a scholarship recipient :)

Guest2323232

Post by Guest2323232 »

kbl2017 wrote:
Hdfstudent18 wrote:

This site works...
I would not worry. I can't log into my account and I'm a current recipient.
Nope I can’t either

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

smartscholarship.org is the new web address. It directs to the same address as posted above. All accounts are gone - current scholars were given new account info. I would expect any current applicants will not have access to anything on the site unless you are accepted. In which case they will send you new login info.

Guest2017

Post by Guest2017 »

kbl2017 wrote:smartscholarship.org is the new web address. It directs to the same address as posted above. All accounts are gone - current scholars were given new account info. I would expect any current applicants will not have access to anything on the site unless you are accepted. In which case they will send you new login info.
Do you happen to know if we will get emails as our applications are reviewed, such as if we made the first cut, second etc. with the new system?

Thanks!

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

Guest2017 wrote:
kbl2017 wrote:smartscholarship.org is the new web address. It directs to the same address as posted above. All accounts are gone - current scholars were given new account info. I would expect any current applicants will not have access to anything on the site unless you are accepted. In which case they will send you new login info.
Do you happen to know if we will get emails as our applications are reviewed, such as if we made the first cut, second etc. with the new system?

Thanks!
I'm sure you'll hear if you've made it to the next round via email. We heard mid-late February last year.