Contact Person

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
randomdude

Contact Person

Post by randomdude »

I am filling out my teamwork/leadership experiences and I'm having trouble contacting some people who can confirm one of my experiences. Thoughts on putting a sibling as my contact person? Is this looked down upon?

kbl2017

Re: Contact Person

Post by kbl2017 »

I wouldn't put family as a contact person in any situation. Do you have a friend or co-worker you could put down? It doesn't have to be your boss.

smartapplicant2018

Post by smartapplicant2018 »

Hi, I was wondering if one of the former applicants knew when the contact people will be reached out to by the SMART office? A few of my contact people are afraid that they have missed an email. I would like to reassure them that they haven't and let them know when they should expect to hear from the SMART office. Thanks!

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

smartapplicant2018 wrote:Hi, I was wondering if one of the former applicants knew when the contact people will be reached out to by the SMART office? A few of my contact people are afraid that they have missed an email. I would like to reassure them that they haven't and let them know when they should expect to hear from the SMART office. Thanks!
As far as I know none of mine were contacted. They seem to go off the letters for the first round then I imagine sponsoring facilities would be the people that may contact someone. They haven't missed anything as you haven't even been moved to the next round yet!