GRE Scores

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

GRE Scores

Postby neysek » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:21 pm

Hey guys --

I just took the GRE. I'm still waiting for my writing scores, but I got a 162V (Great from what I can tell) and a 157Q (Not quite as great). Is it worth it to study a bit more on quantitative and retake? I know for the SMART scholarship there's no minimum but the quantitative is just average for awardees. Thanks for any advice.
neysek

Re: GRE Scores

Postby kbl2017 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:56 am

neysek wrote:Hey guys --

I just took the GRE. I'm still waiting for my writing scores, but I got a 162V (Great from what I can tell) and a 157Q (Not quite as great). Is it worth it to study a bit more on quantitative and retake? I know for the SMART scholarship there's no minimum but the quantitative is just average for awardees. Thanks for any advice.

I personally don't think it matters very much, especially if you're average. I also don't think you'll change your score too much with studying.
kbl2017

Return to General Questions and the Application