SF

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
slag9563

SF

Post by slag9563 »

Will I get to tour all three of my preferred sponsoring facilities? I'm not sure which one I want to work at more. Thanks

Recipient2017

Re: SF

Post by Recipient2017 »

slag9563 wrote:Will I get to tour all three of my preferred sponsoring facilities? I'm not sure which one I want to work at more. Thanks
no, they assign one that's the best fit for your degree. You will only find out which SF you're assigned to when you find out whether or not you got the award. THEN you'll go to that SF for the site visit sometime in the summer, after that, you and the SF can decide whether it's a good fit for you and them. If you decline placement at that particular SF, there's no backup plan, you're basically just saying no to the whole award.

For me, I picked the ones that were closest to my home address and that had to do with my degree. lucky enough I got placed at an SF 10 min from my house and the work and people there are a great fit so I said yes.

Recipient2017

Post by Recipient2017 »

Also do some research and pick facilities that actually do things that pertain to your degree, you'll be more likely to get picked that way.

kbl2017

Post by kbl2017 »

You'll only get selected for one of them, but it's really up to them not you. So just make arguments for why you're a good fit for all three in your essay. Then you'll get to accept the award if it's given. After that you travel to your SF and have the opportunity to decline your award after your visit.Like the previous poster said there's no backup plan. It's either work at the one that offers it or don't take the scholarship.