Computer Science Salary

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

Computer Science Salary

Postby Guest111 » Tue May 16, 2017 8:13 pm

Anyone know what a computer science bachelor's degree can expect to earn after graduating?
Guest111

Re: Computer Science Salary

Postby abm guy » Wed May 17, 2017 12:07 pm

Thats a hard question to answer, I would check out the BLS for information about salary. Computer science is one of the weird fields where some people don't even have degrees going into the field. My guess it would be higher than 50k.
abm guy

Postby GuestGuest » Wed May 17, 2017 3:22 pm

It depends on where. I make $27/hr as an undergrad intern in the SF Bay Area. That works out to be roughly 55k per year as full time. In my area, I would expect to make $60k minimum as a grad with bachelor's.
GuestGuest

Postby Guest » Wed May 17, 2017 3:49 pm

GuestGuest wrote:It depends on where. I make $27/hr as an undergrad intern in the SF Bay Area. That works out to be roughly 55k per year as full time. In my area, I would expect to make $60k minimum as a grad with bachelor's.

Sad that the cost of living is so high that they have to pay interns so well just to attract students

Postby CSMajor » Thu May 18, 2017 10:00 pm

GuestGuest wrote:It depends on where. I make $27/hr as an undergrad intern in the SF Bay Area. That works out to be roughly 55k per year as full time. In my area, I would expect to make $60k minimum as a grad with bachelor's.

Must be nice. I'm making $22/hr
CSMajor

Postby GuestGuest » Sat May 20, 2017 10:33 am

Guest wrote:

Sad that the cost of living is so high that they have to pay interns so well just to attract students

That is part of it. The other part is that tech companies on the edges of the bay area, such as Livermore and Pleasanton, have to compete for interns with some big names like Google, Facebook, etc. that offer their interns $40+/hr and the added prestige of having been interns at these companies. So, even though COL is lower in the East Bay Area, they can't lower pay too much or nobody will pursue them over the bigger companies that offer more overall, of which there are many.
GuestGuest

Return to General Questions and the Application