Smart email from facility

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
excitedithink

Smart email from facility

Post by excitedithink »

Hi!

I haven't heard from SMART about an offer, but the man who interviewed me just sent a congratulations email about getting the scholarship! I'm not sure if it was in error or if I'm just in the next round of awards. (currently getting a temp closed message). Is anyone else in the same boat??

mecheng

Re: Smart email from facility

Post by mecheng »

excitedithink wrote:Hi!

I haven't heard from SMART about an offer, but the man who interviewed me just sent a congratulations email about getting the scholarship! I'm not sure if it was in error or if I'm just in the next round of awards. (currently getting a temp closed message). Is anyone else in the same boat??
That's awesome. If SMART already notified the SFs about the award, I wonder if that means the next round is going out soon. Or it might have been an accident because if they told the SF, why couldn't they send out the notifications to the awardees too? I guess we will find out soon. Are you going to reply to the SF and ask about it?

excitedithink

Post by excitedithink »

mecheng wrote:

That's awesome. If SMART already notified the SFs about the award, I wonder if that means the next round is going out soon. Or it might have been an accident because if they told the SF, why couldn't they send out the notifications to the awardees too? I guess we will find out soon. Are you going to reply to the SF and ask about it?
Yeah I just did! 11 of us got the email, I assume some already were in the first round. It's for the Space and Missile Systems center. The guy was very diligent in his interviewing so I feel like it's not a mistake on his end!

I'll update this once I hear from him or SMART.

mecheng

Post by mecheng »

excitedithink wrote:
mecheng wrote:

Yeah I just did! 11 of us got the email, I assume some already were in the first round. It's for the Space and Missile Systems center. The guy was very diligent in his interviewing so I feel like it's not a mistake on his end!

Awesome and congratulations! That gives me hope too because I still have the temp closed message.

Post by Guest »

mecheng wrote:
excitedithink wrote:
mecheng wrote:

Awesome and congratulations! That gives me hope too because I still have the temp closed message.

I'm trying not to count my chickens before they hatch, but I feel really good about it. Cause why would he still have my email if I wasn't ever even a possible choice?

tacos123

Post by tacos123 »

Hey! You guys that got this message, if you go to the award site, does it give you the green "portal is temp closed error" or the "incorrect password" error?

excitedithink

Post by excitedithink »

tacos123 wrote:Hey! You guys that got this message, if you go to the award site, does it give you the green "portal is temp closed error" or the "incorrect password" error?
I'm getting the temp closed as of may 5thish. Also I'm the guest person who's not counting chickens also. So i think there is only one of me on here.

Tacos123

Post by Tacos123 »

excitedithink wrote:
tacos123 wrote:Hey! You guys that got this message, if you go to the award site, does it give you the green "portal is temp closed error" or the "incorrect password" error?
I'm getting the temp closed as of may 5thish. Also I'm the guest person who's not counting chickens also. So i think there is only one of me on here.

Oh I'm assuming for all my life purposes that I've been rejected. But its nice to have a little hope here and there.

excitedithink

Post by excitedithink »

Tacos123 wrote:
excitedithink wrote:

Oh I'm assuming for all my life purposes that I've been rejected. But its nice to have a little hope here and there.
do you have incorrect password?

I would give it until after the second rounds acceptance date to firmly consider yourself out for all intents and purposes.

Tacos123

Post by Tacos123 »

excitedithink wrote:

I would give it until after the second rounds acceptance date to firmly consider yourself out for all intents and purposes.
No, I have the green "Award Portal Is Temp Closed". Which gives me a little bit of hope, but I'm not going to assume that I got it.

excitedithink

Post by excitedithink »

Tacos123 wrote:
excitedithink wrote:

No, I have the green "Award Portal Is Temp Closed". Which gives me a little bit of hope, but I'm not going to assume that I got it.
I take that as a really good sign then!!! I will update you hopefully soon as to what my guy replies. I firmly believe there is a full round of scholarships that is a solid 30% of the total scholars that has yet to go out!

Tacos123

Post by Tacos123 »

excitedithink wrote:
Tacos123 wrote:
excitedithink wrote:

I take that as a really good sign then!!! I will update you hopefully soon as to what my guy replies. I firmly believe there is a full round of scholarships that is a solid 30% of the total scholars that has yet to go out!
I mean why would they upload credentials to an award portal for people that are being rejected? I mean if they weren't going to do anything for us, shouldn't be logically get the incorrect login error?

excitedithink

Post by excitedithink »

Tacos123 wrote:
I mean why would they upload credentials to an award portal for people that are being rejected? I mean if they weren't going to do anything for us, shouldn't logically get the incorrect login error?
RIGHT! I wasn't sure until the first round all had the temp closed message. Then I got this email. So I feel like temp closed means good things!

excitedithink

Post by excitedithink »

Heard from SMART, specifically asked about my SF sent me an congradulations email. As per usual very vague. I assume we will have another round soon though!

"Thank you for your email.  As the email indicated we will be making additional rounds of award announcement it will be an email from ASEE.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

American Society for Engineering Education"

mecheng

Post by mecheng »

excitedithink wrote:Heard from SMART, specifically asked about my SF sent me an congradulations email. As per usual very vague. I assume we will have another round soon though!

"Thank you for your email.  As the email indicated we will be making additional rounds of award announcement it will be an email from ASEE.

It sounds like that could mean: "Yeah you got it but we can't officially tell you that you got it yet."

That's great to hear, thanks for sharing. I hope we find out soon.
Last edited by mecheng on Fri May 12, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

excitedithink

Post by excitedithink »

mecheng wrote:
excitedithink wrote:Heard from SMART, specifically asked about my SF sent me an congradulations email. As per usual very vague. I assume we will have another round soon though!

It sounds like that could mean: "Yeah you got it but we can't officially tell you that you got it yet."

That's great to hear, thanks for sharing. I hope we find soon.
It's a flex for the facility so I think I'll hear for sure from him Monday! I'll keep you updated on here once I do.

excitedithink

Post by excitedithink »

Reach out to the SMART office. You should have received notification from
them already because that's where my notification came from and they stated
they had already reached out to the selectees. Unless there are two {insert very uncommon name here}'s who applied for SMART and I reached out to the wrong one, which
I doubt.

Let me know what you find out.

mecheng

Post by mecheng »

excitedithink wrote:Reach out to the SMART office. You should have received notification from
they had already reached out to the selectees. Unless there are two {insert very uncommon name here}'s who applied for SMART and I reached out to the wrong one, which
I doubt.

I had to read this a couple of times to understand, but I'm guessing this is what the person from the SF sent you?
If so, that is really odd. I'm guessing it just means that there was just some kind of mix up about the list SMART sent to your SF or possibly the wording in the email since the awarding this year is slightly different than previous years. Although, with the email SMART sent you earlier, they were making it sound like you are going to be getting the award.

excitedithink

Post by excitedithink »

mecheng wrote:
excitedithink wrote:Reach out to the SMART office. You should have received notification from
I doubt.

I had to read this a couple of times to understand, but I'm guessing this is what the person from the SF sent you?
If so, that is really odd. I'm guessing it just means that there was just some kind of mix up about the list SMART sent to your SF or possibly the wording in the email since the awarding this year is slightly different than previous years. Although, with the email SMART sent you earlier, they were making it sound like you are going to be getting the award.
I'm guessing either there was a mix up from smart for me overall or there was a mix up in the wording of their emails to sponsoring facilities not saying that there's a second around of awards that needs to go out! I forwarded it to smart and was like "listen peeps it'd be nice if you could straigten this confusion out for me!" in better terms of course!

mecheng

Post by mecheng »

excitedithink wrote:
mecheng wrote:
I doubt.

I'm guessing either there was a mix up from smart for me overall or there was a mix up in the wording of their emails to sponsoring facilities not saying that there's a second around of awards that needs to go out! I forwarded it to smart and was like "listen peeps it'd be nice if you could straigten this confusion out for me!" in better terms of course!
I can almost guarantee that they are just going to reply with another vague email saying to wait until the next round is announced or something like that but it definitely can't hurt to try.

excitedithink

Post by excitedithink »

mecheng wrote:
I can almost guarantee that they are just going to reply with another vague email saying to wait until the next round is announced or something like that but it definitely can't hurt to try.

I think so too, but maybe my SFs fancy email signature will make them be like "oops we just forgot to send it to you"
I just don't wanna not know and then have the SF email me again about hotels for the site visit.