Tinker Airforce

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
SmartRecipient

Tinker Airforce

Post by SmartRecipient »

Did anyone get accepted into Tinker Airforce base in OK City? / did anyone interview there and not get accepted?

SurlyWeasel

Re: Tinker Airforce

Post by SurlyWeasel »

I interviewed for it, but got the vague dismissal email yesterday. Still holding out hope for second round draft picks for any of the facilities I interviewed for though.

Smartrecipient

Post by Smartrecipient »

Do you live near the area? Also who else did you interview with? What's your major? Sorry for all the questions lol

SMART-ish

Post by SMART-ish »

I interviewed there but got the award elsewhere. My SMART discipline on my application was Industrial and Systems Engineering but my program is Systems engineering and it sounded like they were looking for more of an industrial person. I also didn't have this area listed in my preferences.

Smart

Post by Smart »

SMART-ish wrote:I interviewed there but got the award elsewhere. My SMART discipline on my application was Industrial and Systems Engineering but my program is Systems engineering and it sounded like they were looking for more of an industrial person. I also didn't have this area listed in my preferences.
Where did you end up trying? / had you interviewed them or did you just get them?

SMART-ish

Post by SMART-ish »

Smart wrote:
SMART-ish wrote:I interviewed there but got the award elsewhere. My SMART discipline on my application was Industrial and Systems Engineering but my program is Systems engineering and it sounded like they were looking for more of an industrial person. I also didn't have this area listed in my preferences.
Where did you end up trying? / had you interviewed them or did you just get them?
I ended up with AF HQ in DC. I also interviewed with them. They were looking for an operations research analyst which is more in line with my work. In total I had about 5-6 interviews with different SFs across all the branches.

SurlyWeasel

Post by SurlyWeasel »

Smartrecipient wrote:Do you live near the area? Also who else did you interview with? What's your major? Sorry for all the questions lol
No, and it wasn't any of my choices either. I'm an electrical engineering major. The other two facilities were in NM, and they were more in line with my career path--Tinker interviewed me for software development.

HOrobOD

Post by HOrobOD »

I interviewed with Tinker only. It was unclear if I was recommended. My error message changed after the budget increase last week, and my school, which is very small, had 1 awardee listed. I got the vague email with no award as of now.