Second Round Opportunities

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
erezich

Second Round Opportunities

Post by erezich »

Just wondering if anyone knows how many second round opportunities usually come out.

guest_ne

Re: Second Round Opportunities

Post by guest_ne »

erezich wrote:Just wondering if anyone knows how many second round opportunities usually come out.
no idea, but i hope a lot

Guest147

Post by Guest147 »

Has anyone contacted SMART today? I'm wondering if this was a first wave of offers or if they are just sporadically sending out offers over the next few weeks (as the email seems to suggest). If round 1 offers are all complete, it would be nice to know when round 2 will begin so I can step away from all this for a while. I'd also like to know how many people have been accepted so far and whether or not they have any sense of how many people will be included in round 2. Also, was that a rejection email we got? These are just my favorites of the 10,000,000 questions I have for them.

guest_ne

Post by guest_ne »

Guest147 wrote:Has anyone contacted SMART today? I'm wondering if this was a first wave of offers or if they are just sporadically sending out offers over the next few weeks (as the email seems to suggest). If round 1 offers are all complete, it would be nice to know when round 2 will begin so I can step away from all this for a while. I'd also like to know how many people have been accepted so far and whether or not they have any sense of how many people will be included in round 2. Also, was that a rejection email we got? These are just my favorites of the 10,000,000 questions I have for them.
id like to know the answers to all of those too. someone should call them

mecheng

Post by mecheng »

Guest147 wrote:Has anyone contacted SMART today? I'm wondering if this was a first wave of offers or if they are just sporadically sending out offers over the next few weeks (as the email seems to suggest). If round 1 offers are all complete, it would be nice to know when round 2 will begin so I can step away from all this for a while. I'd also like to know how many people have been accepted so far and whether or not they have any sense of how many people will be included in round 2. Also, was that a rejection email we got? These are just my favorites of the 10,000,000 questions I have for them.
I emailed smart asking for some clarification on the email. This is what they replied with today:

"Thank you for your email. The 1st round of awards went out. We do intend to make additional rounds.

Please let us know if you have any other questions."

guest_ne

Post by guest_ne »

mecheng wrote:
I emailed smart asking for some clarification on the email. This is what they replied with today:

"Thank you for your email. The 1st round of awards went out. We do intend to make additional rounds.

i wonder if the first round isn't all of the awards.. like from the list, maybe they only awarded some from the list of schools that were the top and maybe they're going to finish the list in the second round

Post by Guest »

guest_ne wrote:
mecheng wrote:

i wonder if the first round isn't all of the awards.. like from the list, maybe they only awarded some from the list of schools that were the top and maybe they're going to finish the list in the second round
To be completely honest. I feel like that list was the second set of awardees....it came out around the same time the second group of temporarily closed came out. And that would make sense for 50% of the scholarships to have not been given out and have that email be worded so weirdly.

guest_ne

Post by guest_ne »

To be completely honest. I feel like that list was the second set of awardees....it came out around the same time the second group of temporarily closed came out. And that would make sense for 50% of the scholarships to have not been given out and have that email be worded so weirdly.[/quote]
that would be amazing. lets hope for that because im pretty sure i was on that list for my school...

guest_ne

Post by guest_ne »

when do you think the second rounds will be announced?? how much longer can they make us wait

Post by Guest »

I'm giving it 2 weeks. That way they could wrap waitlist and second round all into one. My cutoff before I assume there's no more awards and I should accept another offer is June 1st. I figure by that point some people will see movement or I assume they didn't get approved to give out more awards.