Portal Temp Closed 4 Week Ago

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
anon5

Portal Temp Closed 4 Week Ago

Post by anon5 »

Hi Everyone,

For those that attempted to login in to the award portal 4 weeks ago and received a "Portal Temporarily Closed" green message box, did you guys end up getting the award?

Re: Portal Temp Closed 4 Week Ago

Post by Guest »

I'm also curious about those who got the temp closed error a few days ago. I was one of those, and I got this email:

"Thank you for applying for the Science, Mathematics, And Research for Transformation (SMART) Defense Education Program. The Department of Defense will be continuing to make awards over the next few weeks. If the Department of Defense is interested in making an award to you at a later date you will be notified.

If you do not receive further correspondence, this will serve as your final notification regarding the 2017 application cycle. Please consider reapplying in the future if applicable to your academic situation. We appreciate your interest in the SMART Scholarship Program."

Doesn't exactly sound like a rejection, but also doesn't sound like I will get a spot either... I'm still getting the temp closed error.

Giuest2

Post by Giuest2 »

Guest wrote:I'm also curious about those who got the temp closed error a few days ago. I was one of those, and I got this email:

"Thank you for applying for the Science, Mathematics, And Research for Transformation (SMART) Defense Education Program. The Department of Defense will be continuing to make awards over the next few weeks. If the Department of Defense is interested in making an award to you at a later date you will be notified.

If you do not receive further correspondence, this will serve as your final notification regarding the 2017 application cycle. Please consider reapplying in the future if applicable to your academic situation. We appreciate your interest in the SMART Scholarship Program."

Doesn't exactly sound like a rejection, but also doesn't sound like I will get a spot either... I'm still getting the temp closed error.
Exactly the same position. Got temporarily closed a few weeks ago and then got this email

Post by Guest »

Got temporary closed 4 weeks ago. Have yet to receive any email from SMART. I am currently able to log into the award portal and see my award.

anon5

Post by anon5 »

Giuest2 wrote:
Guest wrote:I'm also curious about those who got the temp closed error a few days ago. I was one of those, and I got this email:

Exactly the same position. Got temporarily closed a few weeks ago and then got this email
Did you get it like 4 weeks ago? or like 1 week ago? I think that time difference is critical.

Post by Guest »

anon5 wrote:
Giuest2 wrote:
Did you get it like 4 weeks ago? or like 1 week ago? I think that time difference is critical.
oops I meant a few days. so the second round

FornesicMS

Post by FornesicMS »

I got temp closed weeks ago. I have not received an email but can see my award in the portal!

Post by Guest »

Sounds like those with temp closed weeks ago all got awards!! Congrats guys.

I'm holding out a tiny bit of hope that we who got it a few days ago may be getting budget approved.....but probably not

temp closed

Post by temp closed »

I got temp closed weeks ago and go the award!!!! Also got the email lol

Congrats to everyone who received the award! For those with the other message, please do not feel discouraged. Remember this is only the first round. Think of it as maybe a waiting list??? Maybe they need to approve further funding. Please think happy thoughts. I'm sending good vibes to you all!

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Sounds like those with temp closed weeks ago all got awards!! Congrats guys.

I'm holding out a tiny bit of hope that we who got it a few days ago may be getting budget approved.....but probably not
No - not true. Check out the other threads. People that had the "Temp. closed" message" just received the rejection/waitlist email...

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Sounds like those with temp closed weeks ago all got awards!! Congrats guys.

No - not true. Check out the other threads. People that had the "Temp. closed" message" just received the rejection/waitlist email...
There were 2 times the error message changed. The first was about 4 weeks ago, and the second was last thursday/friday.

What I am seeing is the only people getting in are the few that had the change 4 weeks ago, and everyone else is getting the other inconclusive email, including those who had it change last weekend, like myself.

jj995

Post by jj995 »

anon5 wrote:Hi Everyone,

For those that attempted to login in to the award portal 4 weeks ago and received a "Portal Temporarily Closed" green message box, did you guys end up getting the award?
Yes

I got the temp closed message when they first started appearing and received the award. I have not gotten an email from SMART, but was able to log in to the award page and view it.

ME/AE undergrad
Air Force

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:

There were 2 times the error message changed. The first was about 4 weeks ago, and the second was last thursday/friday.

What I am seeing is the only people getting in are the few that had the change 4 weeks ago, and everyone else is getting the other inconclusive email, including those who had it change last weekend, like myself.

Ah, I see. Not very encouraging about a possible future award then for those of us who didn't receive the temp closed notice at all...

Post by Guest »

Got temp closed 4 weeks ago, got an award and an email about it today.

SMART-ish

Post by SMART-ish »

I got temp closed originally and got the award.

guest_ne

Post by guest_ne »

SMART-ish wrote:I got temp closed originally and got the award.
same but i didnt get it... i dont understand

littlehope

Post by littlehope »

guest_ne wrote:
Hey guest_ne, I just wanted to clarify. Did you get the temp closed message back on April 21st or after May 4th because the main difference that has been noticeable is that only the people who had the temp closed on April 21st were the ones receiving access to the award portal for this first round. I thought I saw in a previous thread that you hadn't gotten the temp closed message at first but your school had been listed with 3 people receiving the award and you later got the temp closed message after May 4th. This could explain your confusion.

guest_ne

Post by guest_ne »

littlehope wrote:
guest_ne wrote:
Hey guest_ne, I just wanted to clarify. Did you get the temp closed message back on April 21st or after May 4th because the main difference that has been noticeable is that only the people who had the temp closed on April 21st were the ones receiving access to the award portal for this first round. I thought I saw in a previous thread that you hadn't gotten the temp closed message at first but your school had been listed with 3 people receiving the award and you later got the temp closed message after May 4th. This could explain your confusion.
i never had the incorrect user/password. ive always had the temp closed message. but i just found out about checking the portal last week, so i didn't check it on april 21st. so im not sure... im just hoping they're low on funding or something and will give out more awards later this week