Not a joke. got an email

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
whatsitmean

Not a joke. got an email

Post by whatsitmean »

Thank you for applying for the Science, Mathematics, And Research for Transformation (SMART) Defense Education Program. The Department of Defense will be continuing to make awards over the next few weeks. If the Department of Defense is interested in making an award to you at a later date you will be notified. 

If you do not receive further correspondence, this will serve as your final notification regarding the 2017 application cycle. Please consider reapplying in the future if applicable to your academic situation. We appreciate your interest in the SMART Scholarship Program.

guest_ne

Re: Not a joke. got an email

Post by guest_ne »

whatsitmean wrote:Thank you for applying for the Science, Mathematics, And Research for Transformation (SMART) Defense Education Program. The Department of Defense will be continuing to make awards over the next few weeks. If the Department of Defense is interested in making an award to you at a later date you will be notified. 

If you do not receive further correspondence, this will serve as your final notification regarding the 2017 application cycle. Please consider reapplying in the future if applicable to your academic situation. We appreciate your interest in the SMART Scholarship Program.

i got the same one:(

Post by guest »

Yeah, I got the same one. Any idea what it means?

Bademail

Post by Bademail »

Got the same too!

Post by Guest »

guest_ne wrote:
whatsitmean wrote:Thank you for applying for the Science, Mathematics, And Research for Transformation (SMART) Defense Education Program. The Department of Defense will be continuing to make awards over the next few weeks. If the Department of Defense is interested in making an award to you at a later date you will be notified. 

i got the same one:(
I had temp closed too :(
maybe it's just their way of delaying and everyone will get it

abm guy

Post by abm guy »

I also got the same one.

guest_ne

Post by guest_ne »

abm guy wrote:I also got the same one.
is it a rejection email?

Guest_BYU-I

Post by Guest_BYU-I »

I haven't gotten that email. And I had the Invalid User/PW error. Hmmm...strange.

EE_CE Guy

Post by EE_CE Guy »

Same email here. Doesn’t give me the warm fuzzys.

littlehope

Post by littlehope »

I also got the same one. I was one of the later temp closed's and my school had a 2017 award :(

Post by Guest »

Is this a rejection letter? I'm quite confused...

whatsitmean

Post by whatsitmean »

Guest wrote:Is this a rejection letter? I'm quite confused...
I am too. It doesn't seem like a rejection letter, it doesn't seem like a waitlist, but it still doesn't seem like an award would be coming after this...

guest_ne

Post by guest_ne »

someone said the award portal is open, but im still getting temp closed

Guest_BYU-I

Post by Guest_BYU-I »

guest_ne wrote:someone said the award portal is open, but im still getting temp closed
So yeah, I didn't get any email but I'm still getting the invalid user/pw error.

whatsitmean

Post by whatsitmean »

guest_ne wrote:someone said the award portal is open, but im still getting temp closed
same. Maybe they sent it in mass and are slowly sending out the awards but won't send out any other rejections??

IHateSMART

Post by IHateSMART »

It just means that your wait listed in case more money are available or some people decline the offer. The odds of you getting an award or hear again from SMART is almost the same as getting strike by lightning.

IHateSMARTALot

Post by IHateSMARTALot »

IHateSMART wrote:It just means that your wait listed in case more money are available or some people decline the offer. The odds of you getting an award or hear again from SMART is almost the same as getting strike by lightning.
***you're

whatsitmean

Post by whatsitmean »

IHateSMARTALot wrote:
IHateSMART wrote:It just means that your wait listed in case more money are available or some people decline the offer. The odds of you getting an award or hear again from SMART is almost the same as getting strike by lightning.
***you're
So as I thought temporarily closed vs incorrect username means absolutely nothing.

guest_ne

Post by guest_ne »

whatsitmean wrote:
IHateSMARTALot wrote:
***you're
So as I thought temporarily closed vs incorrect username means absolutely nothing.
I got that email but was getting temp closed

whatsitmean

Post by whatsitmean »

guest_ne wrote:
whatsitmean wrote:
I got that email but was getting temp closed
some people got this same email with incorrect username/password :/

DefeatedGuest_BYU-I

Post by DefeatedGuest_BYU-I »

Just got mine...well, it's been fun all. Guess it's nice to get some closure on this. Although I'm certainly sad that I didn't get it, it was a good run. Best of luck all.

Post by Guest »

DefeatedGuest_BYU-I wrote:Just got mine...well, it's been fun all. Guess it's nice to get some closure on this. Although I'm certainly sad that I didn't get it, it was a good run. Best of luck all.
same wording as above??

littlehope

Post by littlehope »

My guess that it is the waitlist and rejection email wrapped up in one. So that thy don't have to later send out rejections but give enough wiggle room to where if people reject the award then they can still send out the additional awards to others at a later date.

DefeatedGuest_BYU-I

Post by DefeatedGuest_BYU-I »

Guest wrote:
DefeatedGuest_BYU-I wrote:Just got mine...well, it's been fun all. Guess it's nice to get some closure on this. Although I'm certainly sad that I didn't get it, it was a good run. Best of luck all.
same wording as above??
Yep, mine just showed up.

Post by Guest »

This isn't a joke, I just got an email stating I was accepted so awards did go out