Award date?

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
anonymous5

Award date?

Post by anonymous5 »

When do you guys think SMART will release notifications? Thur/Fri seems reasonable, but people are saying they might release them earlier???

Re: Award date?

Post by Guest »

What're the chances of tomorrow being the date?

hellotehe

Post by hellotehe »

Guest wrote:What're the chances of tomorrow being the date?
1/365

Post by guest »

will not be tomorrow

Post by Guest »

hellotehe wrote:
1/365
We got a SMART ass over here lol

Guess

Post by Guess »

hellotehe wrote:
1/365
I think the chances are slightly better than that. Someone posted past award notification dates and the latest done before was early June (6th?). Going with that, there is a 1/21 chance of tomorrow being The Day (assuming a uniform distribution, we don't count weekends and I may have added wrong). They could always send us another email punting the award date till the beginning of June. I don't think they can wait longer than that because the awardees need to be able to visit their SF. If they are really going to tell us "by the beginning of May" there can be but only so many interpretations of the beginning of a month: (1) the first week (2) within the first 10 days (3) or before the month is half way over. Any other interpretation is a lie. We already know (1) is wrong. (2) seems more reasonable than (3), but I am biased. Hence, the next least optimistic probability is about 1/5 (assuming uniform) which isn't too bad.

notscientific

Post by notscientific »

Guess wrote:
hellotehe wrote:
1/365
I think the chances are slightly better than that. Someone posted past award notification dates and the latest done before was early June (6th?). Going with that, there is a 1/21 chance of tomorrow being The Day (assuming a uniform distribution, we don't count weekends and I may have added wrong). They could always send us another email punting the award date till the beginning of June. I don't think they can wait longer than that because the awardees need to be able to visit their SF. If they are really going to tell us "by the beginning of May" there can be but only so many interpretations of the beginning of a month: (1) the first week (2) within the first 10 days (3) or before the month is half way over. Any other interpretation is a lie. We already know (1) is wrong. (2) seems more reasonable than (3), but I am biased. Hence, the next least optimistic probability is about 1/5 (assuming uniform) which isn't too bad.
I vote Thursday

littlehope

Post by littlehope »

notscientific wrote: I vote Thursday
I second this vote

lolol

Post by lolol »

hellotehe wrote:
1/365
I laughed way too hard at this...

Post by Guest »