incorrect username and password

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
BME Guest

Re: incorrect username and password

Post by BME Guest »

Electrical Engineering (applied as due to research focus, but a Biomedical Engineering student)
3.47 GPA (PhD, 3.7 MS)
Incorrect username/password
No interviews (but a '4th' SF told me when they came to my lab that SMART sent my application to them for review)

I noticed the same pattern, too, about the online experience of those who applied under Electrical Engineering, considering this makes up the largest proportion of accepted fields (and tends to make up a smaller pool of overall applicant numbers).

One can only hope this is a positive sign...

BitOfLuck

Re: incorrect username and password

Post by BitOfLuck »

BME Guest wrote:Electrical Engineering (applied as due to research focus, but a Biomedical Engineering student)
3.47 GPA (PhD, 3.7 MS)
Incorrect username/password
No interviews (but a '4th' SF told me when they came to my lab that SMART sent my application to them for review)

I noticed the same pattern, too, about the online experience of those who applied under Electrical Engineering, considering this makes up the largest proportion of accepted fields (and tends to make up a smaller pool of overall applicant numbers).

One can only hope this is a positive sign...
I think a lot of it has to do with luck and selecting the right SF. I feel like you can have a mediocre resume/application, but still be accepted if you chose a SF that is both looking for your major and doesn't have a lot of people applying for them. SF's don't normally look outside the application pool that is given to them so it could be easy to get lost if you don't chose appropriately. I also think there is a level of malleability involved too. I feel that a SF may want a candidate who is more open to learning, and is just starting their educational career (Could also be cheaper than a PhD candidate or Master). I think there are a lot of factors involved, and you shouldn't count yourself out just yet. For all we know "Temp Closed" means we are rejected.