Questions about the scholarship

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
Maybeyougotit

Questions about the scholarship

Post by Maybeyougotit »

My main question is, if awarded do we cover the cost of housing with the scholarship portion or the stipend portion?

Re: Questions about the scholarship

Post by guest »

From the "SMART Scholarship Program Participant Handbook" dated 22 March 2016, Smart Scholarship Program (SSP) funds "the total cost of full-time tuition and approved related educational fees"..."Approved related educational fees generally include mandatory fees such as student activity and student government fees". SSP also "provides an annual miscellaneous supplies allowance.....books, technology purchases and other school supplies". I believe the 2016 allowance was $1000.00. "The SSP provides an annual health insurance allowance"....

Room and board are not covered by the SPP funds. The stipend could certainly be used to pay for the room and board costs, but my school's room and board costs exceed the stipend.

Post by Guest »

Actually on page 12 of the handbook under section 7.1 it list the cost of room and board as being covered.

Maybeyougotit

Post by Maybeyougotit »

Guest wrote:Actually on page 12 of the handbook under section 7.1 it list the cost of room and board as being covered.
I wouldn"'t bank on it but that would be great.

Post by Guest »

2015 smart scholar here. Your room and board are paid for with your stipend, not the scholarship.

Post by guest »

Guest wrote:2015 smart scholar here. Your room and board are paid for with your stipend, not the scholarship.
Why is a 2015 recipient in this forum??? lol

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:2015 smart scholar here. Your room and board are paid for with your stipend, not the scholarship.
Makes sense.

and @guest because the other half of this forum is current recipients so they're being helpful and probably being entertained by our pain.

Doubt it

Post by Doubt it »

Guest wrote:
Makes sense.

and @guest because the other half of this forum is current recipients so they're being helpful and probably being entertained by our pain.
Doubt it lol but I agree with whoever wrote it said

Post by Guest »

Me again. Yes, I use the other part of the forum. On this half to be helpful/ waiting for a friend to hear about this year and know the pain of waiting.