You Can See if Your School Got An Award This year

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
guest_ne

Re: You Can See if Your School Got An Award This year

Post by guest_ne »

What message wrote:
guest_ne wrote:i havent gotten a phone call at all. can i still receive an award?
What message are you receiving on the awards page?
a green box that says temporarily closed

Meaningless

Post by Meaningless »

guest_ne wrote:
What message wrote:
guest_ne wrote:i havent gotten a phone call at all. can i still receive an award?
What message are you receiving on the awards page?
a green box that says temporarily closed
Sorry, the message is meaningless. BTW the numbers include previous years, so if you are setting that they added a number then it could be you. Also know that they aren't done updating that page.

AeroGuy

Post by AeroGuy »

My school shows as having one award this year. I haven't gotten any interview requests and I still see Incorrect Username/Password, but I really hope it's me!

FYI, my probable service is the Air Force, and maybe the Navy.

Post by guest »

Has anyone called SMART today to see if the list of schools granted awards for 2017 is complete?

Please

Post by Please »

guest wrote:Has anyone called SMART today to see if the list of schools granted awards for 2017 is complete?
Can you?

TheyTookItDown

Post by TheyTookItDown »

They took it down

littlehope

Post by littlehope »

TheyTookItDown wrote:They took it down
That would be for the second time within 12 hours

notthesite

Post by notthesite »

littlehope wrote:
The site isn't down. They removed the school data page completely.

Post by guest »

notthesite wrote:
littlehope wrote:
The site isn't down. They removed the school data page completely.
They are probably tired of people calling and asking about it.

Post by Guest »

Yes, the page listing the schools with recipients from 2005-2017 is gone and they also removed the drop-down link to reach it.

Sorry that all this speculation and anticipation is happening in the midst of finals for most of you.

littlehope

Post by littlehope »

Guest wrote:
Yes, the page listing the schools with recipients from 2005-2017 is gone and they also removed the drop-down link to reach it.

Sorry that all this speculation and anticipation is happening in the midst of finals for most of you.

That awkward moment when I have lab reports due by 4:30pm but I've been on here all morning

Post by Guest »

littlehope wrote:
Guest wrote:

That awkward moment when I have lab reports due by 4:30pm but I've been on here all morning
Me too thanks

SMARTRejectee

Post by SMARTRejectee »

Hi guys, I think we should not worry about that too much. At least, I can fill one of the rejection slots for you.

guest_ne

Post by guest_ne »

we hear back if we got the award or not, either way we get an answer correct?

AeroGuy

Post by AeroGuy »

guest_ne wrote:we hear back if we got the award or not, either way we get an answer correct?
I think so. I have also heard from past years that a few people got emails that designated them as high on the waitlist, so that might be a possible response too.

Guest147

Post by Guest147 »

Why would they start updating the list now? Don't they want to see if who actually ACCEPTS their offer before adding them to the list?

guest_ne

Post by guest_ne »

Guest147 wrote:Why would they start updating the list now? Don't they want to see if who actually ACCEPTS their offer before adding them to the list?
thats what i was wonderng...

littlehope

Post by littlehope »

guest_ne wrote:
Guest147 wrote:Why would they start updating the list now? Don't they want to see if who actually ACCEPTS their offer before adding them to the list?
I also noticed that when the school directory page began to update last year it was due to people accepting their awards through the loophole and that's why 2016 only appeared next to 6 schools before SMART caught on. Whereas this year someone probably messed up and just started entering any school that has a student get an offer. So instead of fixing it they just took it down and will wait since they are so close to releasing the awards anyways.

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

littlehope wrote:
guest_ne wrote:
I also noticed that when the school directory page began to update last year it was due to people accepting their awards through the loophole and that's why 2016 only appeared next to 6 schools before SMART caught on. Whereas this year someone probably messed up and just started entering any school that has a student get an offer. So instead of fixing it they just took it down and will wait since they are so close to releasing the awards anyways.
Ahhhh this makes a lot of sense. Still a good sign though for those that saw their school was getting an award, but doesn't rule out anyone who didn't see their school. Also explains the fact that only 124 were shown.

Post by Guest »

[/quote]

I also noticed that when the school directory page began to update last year it was due to people accepting their awards through the loophole and that's why 2016 only appeared next to 6 schools before SMART caught on. Whereas this year someone probably messed up and just started entering any school that has a student get an offer. So instead of fixing it they just took it down and will wait since they are so close to releasing the awards anyways.[/quote]

Ahhhh this makes a lot of sense. Still a good sign though for those that saw their school was getting an award, but doesn't rule out anyone who didn't see their school. Also explains the fact that only 124 were shown.[/quote]

I wonder if there is a relationship between those that got their error message changed two days ago and the schools on the list. Like two weeks ago one guy put them in correctly and two days ago a different worker put them in and messed up so that everybody he put into the system went in as accepted and the school appeared on the list.

I'm hoping this is true cause then the Temp Error message may still be meaningful

ThisIsAmazing

Post by ThisIsAmazing »

Guest wrote:
I also noticed that when the school directory page began to update last year it was due to people accepting their awards through the loophole and that's why 2016 only appeared next to 6 schools before SMART caught on. Whereas this year someone probably messed up and just started entering any school that has a student get an offer. So instead of fixing it they just took it down and will wait since they are so close to releasing the awards anyways.[/quote]

Ahhhh this makes a lot of sense. Still a good sign though for those that saw their school was getting an award, but doesn't rule out anyone who didn't see their school. Also explains the fact that only 124 were shown.[/quote]

I wonder if there is a relationship between those that got their error message changed two days ago and the schools on the list. Like two weeks ago one guy put them in correctly and two days ago a different worker put them in and messed up so that everybody he put into the system went in as accepted and the school appeared on the list.

I'm hoping this is true cause then the Temp Error message may still be meaningful[/quote]

This is very probable and I hope to be true!!!

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

If I'm understanding what you're saying, that isn't true in my case. I originally had the "temp closed" message (two weeks ago) and my school was also on the list.

Post by Guest »

Gandalf wrote:If I'm understanding what you're saying, that isn't true in my case. I originally had the "temp closed" message (two weeks ago) and my school was also on the list.
But what if somebody else from you school was added two days ago so he/she is the one that appears on the list. You've havn't appear because you were entered in correctly. make sense?

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

That's very possible. As far as I know, I am the only one to apply, and most others had no idea what this even was, but it is a big school and a big chance that could be untrue.

Post by Guest »

Gandalf wrote:That's very possible. As far as I know, I am the only one to apply, and most others had no idea what this even was, but it is a big school and a big chance that could be untrue.
What school?