You Can See if Your School Got An Award This year

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

Re: You Can See if Your School Got An Award This year

Post by Guest »

Is there a way to see which schools were awarded before 2017?

UCFstudent

Post by UCFstudent »

Guest wrote:Ladies and gentlemen, I am almost positive that there's no way they are done entering schools. Do you know how I have deduced this?

ctrl + F

Number of Schools Awarded in 2015: 118
Number of Schools Awarded in 2016: 133
Number of Schools Awarded in 2017(?): 91

And their budget went up 14%?

Furthermore, doing some quick number crunching and using the internet wayback machine, I can confirm that only 124 awards have been added for 2017 (in particular, note the University of Central Florida, which is listed as 2017, but whose number of awards haven't changed since 2016, which seems weird unless they aren't done).

So relax, everyone. We will almost certainly know for sure tomorrow. Don't worry too much if your school isn't listed yet.
Hi! So I am a student from UCF and I had two interviews with facilities, and one facility said they'd recommend me. However, I was getting the "incorrect username/password" error until today now I get the green "Tenp closed" error message. Let me know if this means anything!

Sadguest

Post by Sadguest »

Guest wrote:Does anyone with the "temp closed" message go to a school that they can see did not get an award at all in 2017?

Me :(

ughhh

Post by ughhh »

Sadguest wrote:
Guest wrote:Does anyone with the "temp closed" message go to a school that they can see did not get an award at all in 2017?

same here

Faith

Post by Faith »

ughhh wrote:
Sadguest wrote:

same here
Only 124 of the 300 awards have been added. Be patient

Post by Guest »

^^ How do you know they're giving out 300 awards?

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:^^ How do you know they're giving out 300 awards?
What's the average annual awards given out?

arlguest

Post by arlguest »

My school got an award this year, but I don't see my sponsoring facility listed....ughughughugh. :( I am getting the "temp closed" msg tho.

I called ASEE this morning too and said USGOV hasn't given new information, so they can't deliver an updated timeline. help!!!!

SMARTmom

Post by SMARTmom »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:^^ How do you know they're giving out 300 awards?
What's the average annual awards given out?

https://smart.asee.org/program_stats/2016_award_data

Number of Scholars Awarded in 2016 : 239

guest_ne

Post by guest_ne »

i didnt have the temp error, but my school was listed as 3 people getting accepted the years are 2016 and 2017 for army and navy, but i already know two people from my school that were accepted last year. either im the 3rd person, or i didnt get accepted... does the number include the people accepted eventhough we havent gotten the emails yet?

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

If I had to take an educated guess at exactly what is going on, I would say the "temp closed" error is still significant, but this obviously doesn't rule out people with "incorrect password". I don't think the award portal or the school listing is complete yet, which is why I think it may be another week before awards are released. I hope that isn't true, but if things aren't complete right now, I doubt awards will be out by 5.

littlehope

Post by littlehope »

Last year, the school directory page was update (but not fully updated--only about 6 schools) Monday, April 4th, 2016. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1260

The award emails were subsequently sent out Thursday, April 7th, 2016 that same week. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1265

Just something to keep in mind. It very well could be possible that they will release the awards today, but also since there was a three day gap between the two occurrences last year it's not unlikely that the announcement would be pushed into next week. All in all though the latest release day will probably be next Thursday and no later.

Post by Guest »

School not listed, zero interviews, and still wrong username/password message. Seems obvious to me how I'm ending up. Congrats to those who got it.

Post by Guest »

Where are you guys seeing these "temp closed" or "incorrect username or password" messages? I tried to log on today but had to reset my password as I had forgotten it and got right in with no message? Last month I got the "sorry blah blah blah check back in may message". Was expecting something by now.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:Where are you guys seeing these "temp closed" or "incorrect username or password" messages? I tried to log on today but had to reset my password as I had forgotten it and got right in with no message? Last month I got the "sorry blah blah blah check back in may message". Was expecting something by now.
On the actual awards page. smart.asee.org/award

guest_ne

Post by guest_ne »

im getting the temporarily closed message on my account when i try to log in. does this mean i got the award??

Post by Guest »

guest_ne wrote:im getting the temporarily closed message on my account when i try to log in. does this mean i got the award??
It's likely, but nobody knows for sure.

Post by Guest »

Anyone else interview with Offut Air Base in Nebraska? I was told I was second to whoever their number one was and it would depend on funding as to what happened.

guest_ne

Post by guest_ne »

Guest wrote:
guest_ne wrote:im getting the temporarily closed message on my account when i try to log in. does this mean i got the award??
how do people know??

Post by Guest »

guest_ne wrote:
Guest wrote:
how do people know??
Nobody does. This forum is rampant speculation, with everyone - myself included - interpreting the few signs we get. There's no guarantee until you actually get the email.

Meaningless

Post by Meaningless »

Yeah, the temp closed message is meaningless. I have a friend who removed himself from consideration and is getting the message. It must just be something they're doing for account migrations.

NebraskaCHEG

Post by NebraskaCHEG »

Guest wrote:Anyone else interview with Offut Air Base in Nebraska? I was told I was second to whoever their number one was and it would depend on funding as to what happened.
I interviewed with them in early March. It seemed to go well, but I wasn't too interested in what they had to offer. I also interviewed with another facility and if I get the award will prefer the other one

Post by Guest »

NebraskaCHEG wrote:
Guest wrote:Anyone else interview with Offut Air Base in Nebraska? I was told I was second to whoever their number one was and it would depend on funding as to what happened.
I interviewed with them in early March. It seemed to go well, but I wasn't too interested in what they had to offer. I also interviewed with another facility and if I get the award will prefer the other one
Nice! Tell em number two will take the job lol!

guest_ne

Post by guest_ne »

i havent gotten a phone call at all. can i still receive an award?

What message

Post by What message »

guest_ne wrote:i havent gotten a phone call at all. can i still receive an award?
What message are you receiving on the awards page?