You Can See if Your School Got An Award This year

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

Re: You Can See if Your School Got An Award This year

Post by guest »

Does anyone know if the 124 awards shown for 2017 (when the awards page showed the 91 schools), is only NEW 2017 awards or does the 124 include someone from last year, for example, who might have gotten two years of funding (so they would have shown under the 2016 award and the 2017 award)?

guest90

Post by guest90 »

guest wrote:Does anyone know if the 124 awards shown for 2017 (when the awards page showed the 91 schools), is only NEW 2017 awards or does the 124 include someone from last year, for example, who might have gotten two years of funding (so they would have shown under the 2016 award and the 2017 award)?
The number of the left hand column is the number of new awardees. If you had a 4 year award, it would only show for one year.

Guest147

Post by Guest147 »

So, I went to the school directory section of the SMART website and as has been pointed out, that section is no longer available. Instead, it took me to the award stats page and I was reminded of a question I had when I was applying, before I knew of this forum: Why are the GRE scores so high for the average accepted SMART scholar? It has been quite a few years since they changed the scoring and the highest you can get now is 170. Have they just not been updating that section and just changing the year?

Post by guest »

I think that is because it still includes scores from before the change to GREs. So it is essentially useless.

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:I think that is because it still includes scores from before the change to GREs. So it is essentially useless.
You can still compare your score with the average percentile.

Biomed Eng PhD Guest

Post by Biomed Eng PhD Guest »

My university wasn't showing any awards for this year (as of 6 May), and while I can login to the Application page, I'm get an 'incorrect password' then am not able to reset my password or login to the Awards page (only get an errror that says "We're sorry, but something went wrong.").

I don't think I'm going to get my hopes up at this point. Too bad, as this was my last chance, and my school/advisors don't have the funds for me to finish my PhD. I'm already in my 3rd year, and I left a career (in the DoD!) to do this... :-(