Announcements today?

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
TodaysTheDay

Announcements today?

Post by TodaysTheDay »

Anyone think announcements will go out today? It's been exactly a week since the telegraphing error came about.

Gandalf

Re: Announcements today?

Post by Gandalf »

That is for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

eruwaedhiel

Post by eruwaedhiel »

Gandalf wrote:That is for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
I wish it need not have happened in my time.

Actually, scratch that, I wish it would happen in my time!

Harvey

Post by Harvey »

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself get rejected from the SMART Scholarship.

CurrentScholar

Post by CurrentScholar »

I talked with someone from the main office today. They told me that they are only waiting to hear about funding and as soon as that happens they will send out the notifications. All you guys can do it wait.

littlehope

Post by littlehope »

My guess is that they will make the announcement next Friday, May 5th due to the fact the SMART said the beginning of May and Mr. Cavenaugh from an SF heard the first week of May from SMART. Another reasoning behind this guess is the fact that they had the telegraphing error last Friday and they are on an 80hr/9day schedule has me believing that their work week ended yesterday. Thus, nothing more will be released this week.

NewScholar

Post by NewScholar »

@CurrentScholar, do you know what the telegraphing error means?

I also don't think they'll come by next friday either. Congress is working on extending the funding bill deadline to next Friday which means the CR won't roll through until Friday at midnight. So we may not even see notifications until the week after.

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

I do not wish to add to speculation, however, it seems as though SMART has already determined who shall pass.

Post by Guest »

[b]Gandalf[/b] wrote:I do not wish to add to speculation, however, it seems as though SMART has already determined who shall pass.
I see what you did there.

Ghost

Post by Ghost »

What do you guys think the chances are of announcements being release next Thursday/Friday? I think it's a good chance since congress is about to pass the new budget bill. That will reassure SMART of their funding and us of our status.