temp closed??

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

Re: temp closed??

Post by guest »

guest wrote:Thats like asking if I think Hashmaps, algorithm analysis, and priority queues will be on my final this week. In short, yes, yes they will. Can I be 100% sure they will be? Yes, I can because my professor said so.

So, with that said, my finals worth 25% of my total grade and there are 65 points possible on it. 6 + 5 = 11. 11 / 2 = 5.5.

5.5 - 0.5 = 5. 0.5 *6 = 3. Thus, 5/3 will be the day we hear back.
This was quite impressive, but today is 5/3...

CSMajor

Post by CSMajor »

You are correct. I was providing the Omega bounds for the equation. If you want Big-Oh then that number will end up being f(x) = 5n + 4n^2 which leaves us with a Big-Oh O(n^2) and ~4n^2. Meaning, we could get notified any time between today and never.

RGuest

Post by RGuest »

Well it made through Congress, Senate vote is tomorrow and Trump will sign off same day I believe. Looking good for a release maybe tomorrow or Friday.

Post by Guest »

I'm thinking it's gonna be Friday

CSMajor

Post by CSMajor »

I just asked my regenerative neural network. It's predicting a release date in June. :(

Lololol

Post by Lololol »

CSMajor wrote:I just asked my regenerative neural network. It's predicting a release date in June. :(

HAHAHAHAHA OMG YOU ARE SO FUNNY

Sarcasm

Post by Sarcasm »

CSMajor wrote:I just asked my regenerative neural network. It's predicting a release date in June. :(

You must be like REALLY smart

CSMajor

Post by CSMajor »

Sarcasm wrote:

Yea, too bad I'm getting rejected

SMARTRejectee

Post by SMARTRejectee »

CSMajor wrote:
Sarcasm wrote:

Yea, too bad I'm getting rejected
Same here

CSMajor

Post by CSMajor »

I mean I'm getting the temp closed error, had a lot of really awesome interviews, and was even told by 2 SF's I'd be recommended -.. but I still feel like I won't get it.

Post by Guest »

CSMajor wrote:I mean I'm getting the temp closed error, had a lot of really awesome interviews, and was even told by 2 SF's I'd be recommended -.. but I still feel like I won't get it.
weird brag

Prayingforamiracle

Post by Prayingforamiracle »

I know I was recommended by a SF but I am still getting that my login is incorrect so I am hoping that doesn't mean anything :/

Clueless

Post by Clueless »

I thought my interview didn't go too well, but they told me I had a good standing and I have a temp closed page. We'll just have to wait and see. Anyone think tomorrow or Friday?

Guesssst

Post by Guesssst »

I am getting the temp closed message as well. I was interviewed, thought I botched it, and put the scholarship out of mind. But, I think I might of scraped by because I am getting my degree in a lesser known field for this scholarship (basically not engineering) and they might not have anyone else. Guess we all just have to wait and see!

Post by guest »

Any Ph.Ds getting the temp closed?

PhDSMART

Post by PhDSMART »

guest wrote:Any Ph.Ds getting the temp closed?

Yes

eruwaedhiel

Post by eruwaedhiel »

PhDSMART wrote:
guest wrote:Any Ph.Ds getting the temp closed?

Yes
me too

CSMajor

Post by CSMajor »

Undergrad here.

PhDSMART

Post by PhDSMART »

CSMajor wrote:Undergrad here.
Computer Science major as well.

Lolol

Post by Lolol »

Figures..

CSMajor

Post by CSMajor »

Lolol wrote:
Figures..
How so?

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

May the fourth be with us all today as we might get the announcements.

Post by guest »

I don't know what you all are talking about with this temp closed thing. Every time I log into my application page (the same one I went to when I filled out the application), my password and username work fine and I go to an application overview page that talks about the purpose of SMART etc. on the left side there are green lights but they are next to things like "submit application" and "contact information". I've checked this page periodically and I always get the same result. Could someone explain?

I had a couple interviews that I thought went well and I was called back by the SMART program to see which facility I preferred--hence, I think I have a decent chance. I didn't ask if I was recommended or anything like that because I thought that would be rude/unimpressive (but I could be wrong!).

I hope we hear soon!

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Go to this site: smart.asee.org/award

That's the award portal, not the application page. We are all referring to the award portal.

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:I don't know what you all are talking about with this temp closed thing. Every time I log into my application page (the same one I went to when I filled out the application), my password and username work fine and I go to an application overview page that talks about the purpose of SMART etc. on the left side there are green lights but they are next to things like "submit application" and "contact information". I've checked this page periodically and I always get the same result. Could someone explain?

I had a couple interviews that I thought went well and I was called back by the SMART program to see which facility I preferred--hence, I think I have a decent chance. I didn't ask if I was recommended or anything like that because I thought that would be rude/unimpressive (but I could be wrong!).

I hope we hear soon!
If you don't mind let us know what error you get on the award page. Your the first I've read on this board getting a facility preference call this year, which is a really good sign for you!