temp closed??

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
Ghost

Re: temp closed??

Post by Ghost »

I'd say 75-100%

RGuest

Post by RGuest »

I have logged onto the Awards page on my phone, iPad and computer. All three of them end with me getting the temp closed message. Before last friday, i would get incorrect username/pass error. Everyone can access the application, and it will say completed and submitted. So i wouldn't read to much into what just occurred with you. We all just need to be patient. Speculation just makes it worse. Im sure you're a great candidate and are deserving of this scholarship. The government is working finalizing the budget for the DoD, hopefully in the upcoming week. So within the next two weeks we will get our answers.

Answers

Post by Answers »

If you're getting a temp closed message, then you're very likely to receive the scholarship. If not, don't lose hope because this is only the first round of the award :)

Speculations

Post by Speculations »

Answers wrote:If you're getting a temp closed message, then you're very likely to receive the scholarship. If not, don't lose hope because this is only the first round of the award :)
Agreed.

Guest123

Post by Guest123 »

What're the chances of the awards coming out this week?

anon123

Post by anon123 »

Any word on the funding?

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

No word on the gov budget yet from what I can find. All they are saying is that a deal is close to being made. The best chance we can hope for is that a budget is passed a day or two before the Friday deadline, and SMART viewing that as sufficient to send out awards Thursday or Friday. If not, we will most likely be looking at next Thursday/Friday.

RGuest

Post by RGuest »

Agree with Gandalf. Just keep an ear out for what is going on with the budget and that will be your best way of estimating when we will hear back.

Anon5

Post by Anon5 »

A deal was reached on the budget. Congressional votes early this week, awards come out likely on Thursday/Friday.

Post by guest »

Could awards be sent out earlier? Why is Thursday/ Friday so significant?

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Anon5 always coming in clutch. And Thursday/Friday traditionally have been the days that awards are announced. I can't think of any reason other than giving themselves the weekend to not have to deal with the overflow of phone calls and emails. They work a 9/80 schedule, which means they have every other Friday off. If I'm correct, they will have this Friday off since one of our fellow applicants seemed to be able to contact them on Friday, which means Thursday is likely.

LastFriday

Post by LastFriday »

Last Friday was actually their off day. This Thursday/Friday is their work week.

Anon5

Post by Anon5 »

Gandalf is right, awards always come out at the end of the week. It will also take a bit of time for the budget deal to be finalized and go through Congress.

The really good news for some of us is that the DoD is getting an extra 15 billion. The full report hasn't been released yet so I don't know for sure, but some of that money could be going to SMART, which means more awards.

Anxious

Post by Anxious »

Has anyone gotten any word/news?

Post by guest »

Anxious wrote:Has anyone gotten any word/news?
Nope :(

Ted Mosby

Post by Ted Mosby »

guest wrote:
Anxious wrote:Has anyone gotten any word/news?
Nope :(
Me neither :/

Marshall Eriksen

Post by Marshall Eriksen »

No worries, Ted. They'll probably let us know by the end of the week.

Post by Guest »

Marshall Eriksen wrote:No worries, Ted. They'll probably let us know by the end of the week.
I'm sure we all wanna believe it, but especially after the early-April heart attack, everyone's probably getting more and more stressed every day that it doesn't get announced.

EarlyMay

Post by EarlyMay »

I'm sure SMART is feeling the pressure too. I'm sure they're preparing for a Thursday/Friday notification release.

SMARTRejectee

Post by SMARTRejectee »

EarlyMay wrote:I'm sure SMART is feeling the pressure too. I'm sure they're preparing for a Thursday/Friday notification release.
I hope the get my rejection by the end of this week.

DontSayThat

Post by DontSayThat »

SMARTRejectee wrote:
EarlyMay wrote:I'm sure SMART is feeling the pressure too. I'm sure they're preparing for a Thursday/Friday notification release.
I understand it's good to expect the worst in every situation, but don't count yourself out. Also, don't try to get sympathy or reassurance here. No one knows the outcome of this, and we are all just as anxious and scared as you.

Post by Guest »

SMARTRejectee wrote:
If you think you're getting rejected, better put the scholarship out of your mind for a while. You won't know for sure that you're out until later in the summer after they've made the second round of selections.

Post by guest »

Anyone think tomorrow could be the day?

DoubtIt

Post by DoubtIt »

No

Post by guest »

Thats like asking if I think Hashmaps, algorithm analysis, and priority queues will be on my final this week. In short, yes, yes they will. Can I be 100% sure they will be? Yes, I can because my professor said so.

So, with that said, my finals worth 25% of my total grade and there are 65 points possible on it. 6 + 5 = 11. 11 / 2 = 5.5.

5.5 - 0.5 = 5. 0.5 *6 = 3. Thus, 5/3 will be the day we hear back.