What are my chances, still heard nothing!

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
areyouevenSMART

What are my chances, still heard nothing!

Post by areyouevenSMART »

I got the semi finalist email a while back, and recently got the we will make the May decisions letter.

I won't lie, I applied super last minute to the application. My essays are as straightforward and blunt as my personality is with my goals.

I never even thought that I would get to semi finalist lol. I applied only because my friend said hey! you work for the dod already, do it!

I currently work as an engineering quality assurance personnel for the Army Corps of engineers. I'm a nontraditional student still completing my bachelors, ( full time job while 15 credits a semester). having started my career in architecture. Although I'm only 21, as I have graduated high school 2 years early. My GPA is 3.1. I have a TON of work experience, primarily government (DOT, DOD, DEC). As well as killer references in my app. My father is a high ranking military officer in the marines.

I never selected any sponsoring facilities, since I wanted to be available for anything. What are my chances?? I have not been contact for any interview yet! Even if I don't get it, I suppose I'm not mad since I have different DoD opportunities already, but still want the scholarship!

areyouevenSMART

Re: What are my chances, still heard nothing!

Post by areyouevenSMART »

also forgot to mention my major, dual aerospace mechanical math minor interested in structural analysis primarily

Post by Guest »

This post is giving me flashbacks to the Chances forum of College Confidential.

No one here can accurately tell you your chances, regardless of your qualifications. Be patient, and you'll hear back before you know it.

Post by Guest »

If you haven't gotten an interview by now you probably won't as the deadline for recommendations from SF's has passed, but that doesn't count you out! Sometimes sponsoring facilities recommend people without even interviewing them first, so you won't know for sure until decisions are sent out. If you read back in the forum there are a few accounts of people who got the scholarship after not getting interviewed. Best of luck :)