Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

Re: Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Post by guest »

That is my guess. Otherwise, why would they take so long to send out notificationd after people start getting entered? It is the only thing that makes sense.

RGuest

Post by RGuest »

Follow up the earlier question about seeing the new error message and receiving an interview. I had an interview and they said that they made me their top choice for recommendation.

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Question to those getting that the portal is closed, can you still log into your original applications? As someone getting the incorrect username/password I can still see my initial application and change contact information.
Yes, we can. Applications appear to be open for everyone, nor do I anticipate that changing. Right now, they seem to be entering recipients into the award portal, which is entirely separate from the application portal. Historically speaking, the applications shouldn't be touched until they are deleted en masse at the end of this entire process.
Do we assume then they're going down some sort of list in some order and they may announce next week? But those who are incorrect username/password still have time to be entered?

Has anyone received the follow-up phone calls about multiple offers?
No one has received that call. I was interviewed by 5 SF's, at least one recommended me although I'm very hopeful about another, and I'm still getting the incorrect username and pw error

SomePhysGuy

Post by SomePhysGuy »

I don't if this helps sort something out but may be we could figure out if there is a list by giving our initials and what message we are getting.

I am getting: incorrect usr/pass
Initials: S.E.

Post by Guest »

Perhaps they have added people who only got recommended by one facility, and have yet to call those who have multiple recommendations.

If it helps:
Initials: SFK

eruwaedhiel

Post by eruwaedhiel »

It could also be by field or military organization recommended. Here's my info:

Initials: EB
Field: Aerospace
Organization: Air Force

guest03

Post by guest03 »

Has anyone with the 'username or password incorrect' tried going through the 'I cannot access my account' process?

Post by Guest »

I don't think that'll help. Not every account will be migrated to the awards site.

I had 4 interviews -- 2/3 recommendations
"Temp closed" message on awards site.
Army

Post by Guest »

Sorry rookie question when you guys refer to SF what does that mean?

Post by Guest »

No problem :)

It means Sponsoring Facility. The sponsoring facility is the place that interviews you and possibly even recommends you for the award.

Post by Guest »

Great thanks! I had an interview and thought it went well. I have a "temporary closed" notification. It was for the airforce.

RGuest

Post by RGuest »

Temporary closed message
Was interviewed, told was facility's choice for recommendation
Air Force
RGA

jj999

Post by jj999 »

Initials: JJ
Field: Mechanical & Aerospace
Organization: Air Force

Tacos123

Post by Tacos123 »

Civil Engineering
Air Force
One Interview
PR

still getting email+pword incorrect

congrats everyone who is getting the award.

Post by Guest »

I don't think this means anything. Seems like everyone is getting it.

tacos123

Post by tacos123 »

Guest wrote:I don't think this means anything. Seems like everyone is getting it.
There have been, as a user mentioned above, telegraphing errors before where people who got different login messages based on if they received the award or not.

Post by Guest »

Tacos123 wrote:Civil Engineering
Air Force
One Interview
PR

still getting email+pword incorrect

congrats everyone who is getting the award.
I wouldn't say you are out of the running it's all speculation till we are notified.

Post by guest »

Additionally, this is only first round awards. I am sure there will be additional rounds as awards are accepted/declined.

SMART2017

Post by SMART2017 »

Can you guys reset your password for the award portal? I receive an error message when I try to reset my password.

Post by Guest »

I'm actually kinda scared to try lol.

Post by guest »

I tried to reset my password in the application and it is fine but the award portal has some error message.

Post by guest »

I don't get an error. The awards page sent me an email.

Tacos123

Post by Tacos123 »

About 1/3 of us are getting the incorrect login error. About 2/3s of us are getting that the portal is closed. There was a post here a while back that said about 2/3s of those interviewed made it the final stage.

I think this is the real deal, and if you are getting that error message you got the award.

Post by Guest »

It's good that the DoD got more funding because SMART is going to have to hire more employees for all the phone calls they'll have Monday morning.

Post by Guest »

Tacos123 wrote:About 1/3 of us are getting the incorrect login error. About 2/3s of us are getting that the portal is closed. There was a post here a while back that said about 2/3s of those interviewed made it the final stage.

I think this is the real deal, and if you are getting that error message you got the award.
Not quite. 2/3 of those *recommended* get the award, not 2/3 of those interviewed. The reason that about 2/3 of people posting here are getting that the portal is closed is because of selection bias. First, people more dedicated and invested in this program are more likely to win the award, and they are also more likely to look at and post on this forum. Secondly, you are more likely to post if you think you won the award than if you're getting incorrect login and think you might not have gotten it. Everyone wants to share successes. Nobody really likes to share failures, even anonymously. In short, the data we are seeing here is by no means a random sample representative of the entire population of finalists.