Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

Re: Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Postby smart2017 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:54 pm

You guys need to calm down and stop with all these speculations. What make you guys think that the applicants who received the error message are not the ones who will not get awards?
smart2017
 

Re: Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:32 pm

smart2017 wrote:You guys need to calm down and stop with all these speculations. What make you guys think that the applicants who received the error message are not the ones who will not get awards?


That's what's making me so upset about all this back and forth. Yes it means something most likely, but everyone acts like they know everything and no one really knows!!!
Guest
 

Re: Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 25, 2017 10:33 pm

Guest wrote:I have the temp closed message And I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be awarded.


Why do you think that? I bet you're awesome and i hope you're suprised and get it!!!
Guest
 

Re: Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:17 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:I have the temp closed message And I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be awarded.


Why do you think that? I bet you're awesome and i hope you're suprised and get it!!!


Not the person you originally responded to, but after not getting a single interview or any sort of sign, I'm basically resigned to not getting it.
Guest
 

Re: Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:22 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:I have the temp closed message And I'm pretty sure I'm not going to be awarded.


Why do you think that? I bet you're awesome and i hope you're suprised and get it!!!


Not the person you originally responded to, but after not getting a single interview or any sort of sign, I'm basically resigned to not getting it.


There is more than one person with this same response?! My either one could be a yes or no feels have grown stronger. I do however know they hire without interviews so I think you're also fantastic and might have gotten it :)
Guest
 

Re: Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:28 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Why do you think that? I bet you're awesome and i hope you're suprised and get it!!!


Not the person you originally responded to, but after not getting a single interview or any sort of sign, I'm basically resigned to not getting it.


There is more than one person with this same response?! My either one could be a yes or no feels have grown stronger. I do however know they hire without interviews so I think you're also fantastic and might have gotten it :)


It's nice knowing I'm not the only one :) Just with enough other things going south this year, I'm ready to just tack this onto the list of failures.
Guest
 

Re: Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:31 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
There is more than one person with this same response?! My either one could be a yes or no feels have grown stronger. I do however know they hire without interviews so I think you're also fantastic and might have gotten it :)


It's nice knowing I'm not the only one :) Just with enough other things going south this year, I'm ready to just tack this onto the list of failures.


Maybe this will be a great turning point for you!
Guest
 

Re: Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:33 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
There is more than one person with this same response?! My either one could be a yes or no feels have grown stronger. I do however know they hire without interviews so I think you're also fantastic and might have gotten it :)


It's nice knowing I'm not the only one :) Just with enough other things going south this year, I'm ready to just tack this onto the list of failures.


Maybe this will be a great turning point for you!


I can only hope. Getting a break from the rest of life would be nice.
Guest
 

Re: Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:39 pm

Guest wrote:
I can only hope. Getting a break from the rest of life would be nice.


If you don't end up getting it, please just remember you made it so far and a random other college person is proud of you!!!!
Guest
 

Re: Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Postby Incorrect » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:51 pm

Can someone with the incorrect username and pass error try to reset their password on the awards page? Does it send you an email or does it say your email doesn't exist?
Incorrect
 

Re: Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:52 pm

Incorrect wrote:Can someone with the incorrect username and pass error try to reset their password on the awards page? Does it send you an email or does it say your email doesn't exist?


It sends the email, but trying to reset it gives a database error.
Guest
 

Re: Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:53 pm

Incorrect wrote:Can someone with the incorrect username and pass error try to reset their password on the awards page? Does it send you an email or does it say your email doesn't exist?


sends me an email.

Then when I click the link and put in a new password it gives me "unexplained error"

So...the email is in the system still.
Guest
 

Re: Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Postby Guwstt » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:54 pm

What's the error say? Also what about those with the temp closed message? What's it saying?
Guwstt
 

Re: Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:55 pm

Guwstt wrote:What's the error say? -snip-


Basically just "there was an error with the database, we're looking into it."
Guest
 

Re: Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:57 pm

I HAVE A NEW UPDATE

if I put in a email address I didn't use it says "this email is not found in the database"

therefore everyones email is in the awards database.
Guest
 

Re: Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Postby Tmpclosed » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:57 pm

What about for those with the temp closed message?
Tmpclosed
 

Re: Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:00 am

We're sorry but something went wrong

We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look shortly.


That's the password reset error.
Guest
 

Re: Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:10 am

So username/pass reset error: There was a database error
Temp closed reset error: There was an error. We are looking into it.



Also, is the reset form the same for both the awards page and application page? That might be why those who are with the incorrect username/pass error might be still getting the email.
Guest
 

Re: Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:15 am

Guest wrote:So username/pass reset error: There was a database error
Temp closed reset error: There was an error. We are looking into it.



Also, is the reset form the same for both the awards page and application page? That might be why those who are with the incorrect username/pass error might be still getting the email.


I can change my password without the error on my original application. So I don't think they're connected anymore.
Guest
 

Re: Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:16 am

Basically we both seem to end up with there is an error we're looking into it.
Guest
 

Re: Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Postby CanSomeoneVerify » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:17 am

Can someone verify that the messages are different among the two groups though? Because if those with the incorrect username/pass error are getting a database error their their accounts don't exist. If the ones with the temp closed error are getting something else then their accounts may exist. If we are all getting the same error then there is something else going on.
CanSomeoneVerify
 

Re: Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:21 am

Okay, the no email associated at all error is "The email adress xxxx@xxx.xxx has no account associate with it"

The sign in error is "either the email address or password you entered is incorrect"

The password reset error is the exact wording I just posted.

Can someone post the exact wording you get for the temporarily closed one? and also if you reset your password what happens ?
Guest
 

Re: Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:23 am

to be clear nothing I got for incorrect username/password has said anything about a database error. Its just a we're sorry but something went wrong.
Guest
 

Re: Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Postby NewGuest » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:24 am

Guest wrote:Okay, the no email associated at all error is "The email adress xxxx@xxx.xxx has no account associate with it"

The sign in error is "either the email address or password you entered is incorrect"

The password reset error is the exact wording I just posted.

Can someone post the exact wording you get for the temporarily closed one? and also if you reset your password what happens ?


What was the exact error? There are a lot of guests on this forum. Also, please quote this message so new posters can see.
NewGuest
 

Re: Award Portal Temporarily Closed

Postby guest1 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:27 am

NewGuest wrote:Okay, the no email associated at all error is "The email adress xxxx@xxx.xxx has no account associate with it"

The sign in error is "either the email address or password you entered is incorrect"

Exact Password reset error. "We're sorry but something went wrong. We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly."

Can someone post the exact wording you get for the temporarily closed one? and also if you reset your password what happens ?

What was the exact error? There are a lot of guests on this forum. Also, please quote this message so new posters can see.
guest1
 

PreviousNext

Return to General Questions and the Application

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Welcome. The Unofficial SMART Scholarship Forum is fully supported through this banner add. In the past, I have relied on this income to pay for all hosting and domain charges, but it has only covered half of my expenses in recent years. If this is the first time you are seeing a banner here, it is because an adblocker has prevented it from appearing (I don't blame you). If you have found this forum valuable, I would appreciate it if you consider supporting its upkeep.

Thank you for being a part of this community.

-Chris