Heard From Smart

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

Heard From Smart

Post by Guest »

Please post here if you received a call from SMART. The following information may be of interest to people viewing this forum:
  • Date, length of call:
  • Cold Call or E-mail beforehand?
  • Number of Interviews you had with SF (and if an SF said they recommended you)

Re: Heard From Smart

Post by Guest »

FYI, there's already a thread with that information.

http://thesmartforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1371

Post by guest »

I think the intent for this thread is for final phase contact not sponsoring facility interviews.

Post by guest »

I had interviews in early March (Airforce only) and then was contacted By Mr. Cavenaugh in mid-March asking about my preferences.. I hope they only ask that question to people they want.

Post by Guest »

guest wrote:I had interviews in early March (Airforce only) and then was contacted By Mr. Cavenaugh in mid-March asking about my preferences.. I hope they only ask that question to people they want.
Is Mr. Cavenaugh related to the SMART offices or is he from one of the sponsoring facilities? Isn't he the one who sent the email regarding the delay in notification from the other thread? If he's from a sponsoring facility then he no longer has any say on who gets a scholarship, unfortunately. The fact that he's contacting you still would suggest that he recommended you though which is a good sign!

GuestAgain

Post by GuestAgain »

He's the SMART liaison for the Air Force. He is not from a SF - I believe he is part of AFPC.
Guest wrote:
guest wrote:I had interviews in early March (Airforce only) and then was contacted By Mr. Cavenaugh in mid-March asking about my preferences.. I hope they only ask that question to people they want.
Is Mr. Cavenaugh related to the SMART offices or is he from one of the sponsoring facilities? Isn't he the one who sent the email regarding the delay in notification from the other thread? If he's from a sponsoring facility then he no longer has any say on who gets a scholarship, unfortunately. The fact that he's contacting you still would suggest that he recommended you though which is a good sign!