You might know now if you are awarded or not (so far)

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
thisguy

You might know now if you are awarded or not (so far)

Post by thisguy »

Hello guys! So here is the thing, I applied last year for smart and around this time when people tried to access the award page smart.asee dat org/award and put the exact same credentials as for the apply portal they would get a reply back saying incorrect username or password (not awarded at the time), you cannot access this page at this time or something like that (awarded) and some were so lucky that they actually got to see their award offer. Could you guys try to access to see if there are lucky ones among us. Like try it and post your outcome.

In my case, it says wrong username or password, meaning I have not been awarded (yet). Let's see if I get a surprise but I highly doubt it.

Re: You might know now if you are awarded or not (so far)

Post by Guest »

Result: Either the email address or the password you entered is incorrect.

For what it's worth, the SF I interviewed with said that they were going to recommend me as well.

Post by Guest »

I had multiple interviews and recommendations and don't have access

Post by Guest »

Did everyone try at least twice? I got the same message, but it turns out I actually did type the incorrect password (got too eager I guess), after a second try I was able to get in. Just don't want anyone to count themselves out yet!

In case it is relevant, I did not receive any interviews.

eruwaedhiel

Post by eruwaedhiel »

"Either the email address or the password you entered is incorrect."

I use a password manager, so my login credentials are correct. I also had 2 interviews and was recommended by at least 1 SF. If it matters, I can still log in to smart.asee.org/apply.

Post by Guest »

eruwaedhiel wrote:"Either the email address or the password you entered is incorrect."

I use a password manager, so my login credentials are correct. I also had 2 interviews and was recommended by at least 1 SF. If it matters, I can still log in to smart.asee.org/apply.
Im the poster who said they had access after a second try. I misread the first post and tried the application, I do not have access to the award page. Sorry about that

Guest23

Post by Guest23 »

Guest wrote:
eruwaedhiel wrote:"Either the email address or the password you entered is incorrect."

Im the poster who said they had access after a second try. I misread the first post and tried the application, I do not have access to the award page. Sorry about that
Okay, you gave me a mini heart attack. Maybe SMART knew about the bug and fixed it this year? Anyways, best of luck to everyone. Hopefully we all get a nice surprise soon! (:

MRiddle

Post by MRiddle »

I still have access to the application. Never got an interview. Cannot access award site.

Post by Guest »

MRiddle wrote:I still have access to the application. Never got an interview. Cannot access award site.
Exact same situation as you.

Post by Guest »

I hope SMART Just patched the site. Do you guys know if we will hear back for sure on March 31st?

Justme

Post by Justme »

Guest wrote:I hope SMART Just patched the site. Do you guys know if we will hear back for sure on March 31st?
Nothing is ever for sure - it's the government

Post by Guest »

Justme wrote:
Guest wrote:I hope SMART Just patched the site. Do you guys know if we will hear back for sure on March 31st?
Nothing is ever for sure - it's the government

So true. It would just be nice to get a finalized answer so I can make sure my finances are secured for school next year. It's not fun being in a financial limbo while we wait.

BSAero

Post by BSAero »

It could take awhile - with the new, free site visits, I imagine very few of the first round awardees will decline the offer right away. They would probably only consider declining after visiting, in which case the next rounds of awards may not be sent out for months after the mid-April announcements.

Justme

Post by Justme »

BSAero wrote:It could take awhile - with the new, free site visits, I imagine very few of the first round awardees will decline the offer right away. They would probably only consider declining after visiting, in which case the next rounds of awards may not be sent out for months after the mid-April announcements.
You still have to sign the offer within two weeks of receiving it. Being the government once you sign I'm sure there are rules in place that make it so you cannot back out of it like that. I honestly do not know why anyone would decline an offer as it's only 2ish years of your life for a full scholarship!! I also imagine that some people need to pay for their fall semesters before they would be able to make the second round of offers if they waited until after the June site visits.

Post by Guest »

So does this mean the first round notifications have already been sent?

BSAero

Post by BSAero »

Justme wrote:
BSAero wrote:It could take awhile - with the new, free site visits, I imagine very few of the first round awardees will decline the offer right away. They would probably only consider declining after visiting, in which case the next rounds of awards may not be sent out for months after the mid-April announcements.
You still have to sign the offer within two weeks of receiving it. Being the government once you sign I'm sure there are rules in place that make it so you cannot back out of it like that. I honestly do not know why anyone would decline an offer as it's only 2ish years of your life for a full scholarship!! I also imagine that some people need to pay for their fall semesters before they would be able to make the second round of offers if they waited until after the June site visits.
You do have to sign on within 2 weeks of the offer, but you also get a free out within a week of the site visit. You can withdraw with no penalty at that time if for some reason the SF seems so horrible that 2 years would feel like an eternity.

OtherGuest

Post by OtherGuest »

With you guys talking about facility visits and offer letters, I'm going to assume first round went out already?

New_Guest

Post by New_Guest »

OtherGuest wrote:With you guys talking about facility visits and offer letters, I'm going to assume first round went out already?
No one's heard yet. A couple of the posters above are winners for previous years offering their insight. Speculation is that notifications will be this Friday or Monday.

Post by Guest »

Has anyone heard from SMART to clarify preferences yet? It seems that happened prior to awards being released in past years for people recommended by more than one SF. If that's happened, it's a good indication that awards will be sent out in a week or so.

New_Guest

Post by New_Guest »

I really wish SMART would send up an email updating us on dates and when everything should finish being processed. It looks like back in 2010 people weren't notified until July.

tacos

Post by tacos »

What do we want?

Award Letters!

When do we want it?

Within a reasonable time frame!

Post by Guest »

tacos wrote:What do we want?

Award Letters!

When do we want it?

Within a reasonable time frame!
Or now right now. Right now would be nice...

Post by guest »

Yes, right now would be great

SMART2017

Post by SMART2017 »

I wish it to release later since I don't want another sudden email saying "We regret to tell you that ..." I have receive these types of emails 5 times since early March this year.

Post by Guest »

I just want to know lol. I'm tired of wondering