Safe Assumptions

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

Safe Assumptions

Post by Guest »

So I got an email back at the beginning of February saying I had been selected for the next phase of selection. We're sitting near the end of March and not having heard from any facility, would it be safe to assume that I've not been selected and should pursue other opportunities? Has anyone had any experiences like this as well?

Re: Safe Assumptions

Post by Guest »

Just my two cents. You should always pursue other opportunities until you have a letter in hand.

Post by Guest »

I am in the same boat. I have not heard from any of the facilities. I have done internships with the Air Force in the past for research, but I applied to a different area for the SMART program. One of my friends received an offer a few years ago and said he was never interviewed, so there is still hope.

AeroApp

Post by AeroApp »

I have heard that if anything, it's the Army that tends to not interview. It's a small sample size though, so I could be completely wrong.

Post by Guest »

A lot of facilities will not contact you. And you should always be looking for other opportunities, even if you get the scholarship. Sometimes things just do not work out.