SMART Office Interviews

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
Twoface262

SMART Office Interviews

Post by Twoface262 »

Hello,

I read that if you get a recommendation from a facility then the SMART office will conduct an interview with you between March 15-28th.

Do they typically email you to set up an interview or do they just call you? Also, what is the interview like? Do they just call to verify your information, or do they ask any interview like questions to narrow down the awardees?

Thanks!

2015 SMART

Re: SMART Office Interviews

Post by 2015 SMART »

From my experience, that only happens if multiple facilities recommend you for selection. At least, that's the feeling I got when I was in that situation a couple years ago. I was cold-called by someone from the office, and they basically just wanted to know which facility I would rather work at. The conversation lasted around 15 minutes, and they asked me about my field of interest, and general career goals.

Twoface262

Post by Twoface262 »

Awesome, thank you!

I've had four interviews (2 different departments in 2 facilities) so I'm hoping I have at least 1-2 recommendations. If I do get a call from the SMART Office do they usually call on the 15th exactly or will they call any time between the 15th and the award notification day?

2015 SMART

Post by 2015 SMART »

They called me in the last week of March. There's probably a list of students that they have to go through, and I just happened to be toward the end of that list. I imagine they started calling people mid-March soon after all the recommendations were made.