It's Feb 1st, will an email come even if I'm didn't make it?

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
anxiouslywaiting

It's Feb 1st, will an email come even if I'm didn't make it?

Post by anxiouslywaiting »

Hey everyone,

So I've been following and obsessively reading the timeline of the SMART fellowship deadlines, and from what I've read the email regarding making it past the first cuts should go out today or in the next few days.

I'm curious that if I don't make it past the cuts, will I still get an email or will I just be left in the dark?

Thanks.

blerdbiologist

Re: It's Feb 1st, will an email come even if I'm didn't make

Post by blerdbiologist »

I've been reading some old posts and I believe that everyone will get an email. if you aren't a semifinalist, they will tell you but don't have time to give a reason why due to high number of applicants. Best of luck to you!

Pale_Magnet

Post by Pale_Magnet »

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if it takes till the next day. But yeah, blerdbiologist it looks like everyone got an email in the past, so we should get them too. Though I don't have any idea myself, I only applied this year.

Post by Guest »

Has anyone else tried to sign on the SMART website? Mine says "Only semifinalists may access the system at this time." when I try. Really hoping everyone is blocked out until the emails go out...

Post by Guest »

Mine also says that I can't access my account I am right there with you!!! Let's hope we get it!

Post by Guest »

I tried to log on aswell and got the semifinalists only message. Have not received an email. Assuming this means I did not make the cut. Thought I would be competitive with good LoR, previous internships, previous lab/research job, and 3.9 GPA

anonymous11

Post by anonymous11 »

Sorry, but are you getting this error when you first try to login or are you trying to access a specific page within the SMART application?

Post by Guest »

I'm getting the message when I try to log into the application itself

Smiles

Post by Smiles »

Yeah, I am still able to login into my application account. Although I don't think it really means anything

smiles

Post by smiles »

Is anyone else still able to log in?

anonymous1111

Post by anonymous1111 »

I can get into mine, but I have not received an email or anything.

littlehope

Post by littlehope »

So i want to possibly try and see it the reason why some people cannot login and others still can may be because they are running an automated system where it is going down a list and blocking access. So potentially people at the beginning of the list may have had the access blocked while others towards the end can still login. If you could put if you have access, your initials, your degree, and major please do so.

I can login still
AV
Masters
Electrical Engineering

Post by Guest »

Can't log in
HM
PhD
Biosciences

Post by Guest »

I can still log in

MW
Undergrad
Biosciences

Can log in

Post by Guest »

I can log in

JL
PhD
Nuclear Engineering

Smiles

Post by Smiles »

I can still log in

Undergraduate
ES
Computer Science

Post by Guest »

I'm able to log in; still haven't received an official email though.

Junior Undergrad
Biosciences

Post by Guest »

Guest wrote:I'm able to log in; still haven't received an official email though.

Junior Undergrad
Biosciences
Forgot to mention initials:

JB
Junior Undergrad
Biosciences

Also I have noticed that I am UNABLE to withdraw my application as well (the link to do so on the SMART website once logged in to withdraw is no longer there).

DanielK

Post by DanielK »

I have access to my application as well.

Ph.D
Chemistry
DK

crossyourfingers

Post by crossyourfingers »

Is anyone else able to look at the 2016 award data under the program stats tab on the smart website? This could be a sign they are getting ready for the 2017 stats eh?

Post by Guest »

I still have access to my application

JS
Bachelors
Mechanical Engineering

anxiouslywaiting

Post by anxiouslywaiting »

I can still access my application login page.

KD
PhD
Chemistry

Biomed

Post by Biomed »

crossyourfingers wrote:Is anyone else able to look at the 2016 award data under the program stats tab on the smart website? This could be a sign they are getting ready for the 2017 stats eh?
Can't access it either; all I get is this error on their page:

<%=render :partial => 'shared/award_data'%>

samescobar

Post by samescobar »

Hello guys! I have a couple of things to ask and say. First! Are you trying to access the awardee page or the normal application? If it is the normal one, then I do have access to that one. About the notification, I was notified last year that I made the cut Feb 2 around 1:34pm Atlantic Time, nonetheless I was not awarded at the end. Something you should keep in mind is that they are looking for specific majors and fields, that even if you are a super star you might not past the final cut and/or get awarded at the end. In my case I am PhD candidate in Physical Chemistry with strong background in material science and nanotechnology. Hope this helps! Let's keep our hopes up!

Post by Guest »

samescobar wrote:Hello guys! I have a couple of things to ask and say. First! Are you trying to access the awardee page or the normal application? If it is the normal one, then I do have access to that one. About the notification, I was notified last year that I made the cut Feb 2 around 1:34pm Atlantic Time, nonetheless I was not awarded at the end. Something you should keep in mind is that they are looking for specific majors and fields, that even if you are a super star you might not past the final cut and/or get awarded at the end. In my case I am PhD candidate in Physical Chemistry with strong background in material science and nanotechnology. Hope this helps! Let's keep our hopes up!
When on the homepage, I click apply, then apply now. From there I attempt to log on and receive the message.