Other Internship Applications

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
aviatorPeanut

Other Internship Applications

Post by aviatorPeanut »

Is anyone else here also planning on applying for summer internships with other defense contractors (Lockheed, Boeing, etc.) to have their options open? What is the timeline usually like for these internships being offered to applicants? I don't want to start applying now, and possibly get offers in early winter without knowing the outcome my SMART application.

I would hope that those internships would be similarly scheduled to be finalized at the last minute, but I wasn't sure.

AGuest

Re: Other Internship Applications

Post by AGuest »

aviatorPeanut wrote:Is anyone else here also planning on applying for summer internships with other defense contractors (Lockheed, Boeing, etc.) to have their options open? What is the timeline usually like for these internships being offered to applicants? I don't want to start applying now, and possibly get offers in early winter without knowing the outcome my SMART application.

I would hope that those internships would be similarly scheduled to be finalized at the last minute, but I wasn't sure.
As a current scholar, I would say you will NOT get an internship the summer before your funded classes through SMART start. SMART only does internships between funded years/semesters (and only in the summer) unless there are special circumstances. You'll probably hear back that you got SMART in May, maybe a little sooner. If I were you, I would line up an internship elsewhere since it is severely unlikely SMART would start you off interning. Worst case, even if SMART can, you applied for and received the other internship before even being offered the scholarship.

aviatorPeanut

Re: Other Internship Applications

Post by aviatorPeanut »

Thank you very, very much for replying.