Preferences

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

Preferences

Post by guest »

I'm planning on applying this year for the program, and I wanted to know how likely you are to be assigned to one of the SFs you list as preferences in the application.

GuestAgain

Re: Preferences

Post by GuestAgain »

guest wrote:I'm planning on applying this year for the program, and I wanted to know how likely you are to be assigned to one of the SFs you list as preferences in the application.
It is partially luck based. You can put any SF that participates in your list of preferences but it is very possible that your desired SF's don't need someone with your skill sets within the near future (when you graduate). Even if one of the SF's decides to submit to SMART that they want you, if another facility also wants you, SMART itself decides who gets you, not the facilities nor you. So you can easily get matched with a facility that is not on your list. Fortunately they now do facility visits before you accept the offer, so you can turn SMART down if you feel it isn't a fit you like.