CHECK SMARTS WEBSITE! Login!

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
khyana

Re: CHECK SMARTS WEBSITE! Login!

Post by khyana »

I can sign into my application but I do not see anytihng when I do. I was getting the "the username and password is not correct" message before but now i can sign in but i guess they fixed the glitch

Gruut

Post by Gruut »

UMN2019 wrote:Maybe I missed the answer to this question through the mass of replies but...

Did anyone receive the "Your username or password is incorrect" message during or around the time of the loophole but they are now receiving the "You do not have access to the awardee portal"?

Thanks for answers in advance.
^^I haven't come across anyone who had that experience. I'd like to know too...

Post by Guest »

khyana wrote:I can sign into my application but I do not see anytihng when I do. I was getting the "the username and password is not correct" message before but now i can sign in but i guess they fixed the glitch

Are you talking about the awardee portal or the application portal? Because the awardee portal doesn't work for me still and I was awarded.

Anon011011

Post by Anon011011 »

I could access the application portal all along. Cant access the award portal from late friday though.

UMN2019

Post by UMN2019 »

So I went against my earlier word. I tried to log in through the Awardee portal and received the "either your email address or password is incorrect" message. This is the same message I received when I originally tried to log in during the loophole.

However, I clicked the password reset link and they did email me the password reset. I was able to reset my password but when I tried to log in I received the same message as before I reset my password.

I have zero clue what this means and I am going to chalk it up to it probably means absolutely nothing. Likely, since the server is offline nothing is going to change until we receive the email from SMART on Friday and the Awardee portal opens back up.

Guestwhoitis

Post by Guestwhoitis »

Are they going to email us on Friday or hear from them by Friday at the latest?

Post by Guest »

Guestwhoitis wrote:Are they going to email us on Friday or hear from them by Friday at the latest?
By Friday, the latest. According to their email.

Post by Guest »

Which probably means Friday, realistically speaking.

Gruut

Post by Gruut »

Along with SMART, ASEE also administers the NDSEG fellowship. NDSEG announced its winners on April 1st. I think ASEE wanted a week from that date to sort out all administrative work involved with NDSEG. That being a more prestigious/more competitive fellowship and the fact that they compete with the NSF for fellows (YA there are people who win both and choose..) must've taken precedence over lowly SMART.

From what I can understand, over the last few years NSF and NDSEG announce their winners around the same time (late March/early April) like clockwork and SMART takes its own sweet time to announce its winners..

Guestesses

Post by Guestesses »

Gruut wrote:Along with SMART, ASEE also administers the NDSEG fellowship. NDSEG announced its winners on April 1st. I think ASEE wanted a week from that date to sort out all administrative work involved with NDSEG. That being a more prestigious/more competitive fellowship and the fact that they compete with the NSF for fellows (YA there are people who win both and choose..) must've taken precedence over lowly SMART.

From what I can understand, over the last few years NSF and NDSEG announce their winners around the same time (late March/early April) like clockwork and SMART takes its own sweet time to announce its winners..
That sounds about right. NSF released their awards last Tuesday, March 29, 2016.

Post by Guest »

Do you think there's any chance we'll hear before Friday? I've been checking my email like 200 times a day

BlueberryBabe

Post by BlueberryBabe »

Guest wrote:Do you think there's any chance we'll hear before Friday? I've been checking my email like 200 times a day

Doubt it! Remember we have 2 weeks to accept our award and the loop hole notification has a response date of 23. Thus, it seems SMART was already planning to release it on the 8th.

not sure

Post by not sure »

I received your password is wrong, so I reset my password and it worked only once saying "you do not have access to the award portal" and then the server crashed and the page would not load for me again and then ever since then it says my password is wrong.

Post by Guest »

not sure wrote:I received your password is wrong, so I reset my password and it worked only once saying "you do not have access to the award portal" and then the server crashed and the page would not load for me again and then ever since then it says my password is wrong.
This is good news for some
Of us :) thanks for sharing lol.

Post by Guest »

Those who can log in and see their application, but no status updates:
Is Registration Fields a category in the sidebar? I don't remember this being an aspect of the application, but when I select it, it redirects to "Application Overview" within my application.
Thanks!

NewGuest1

Post by NewGuest1 »

Guest wrote:Those who can log in and see their application, but no status updates:
Is Registration Fields a category in the sidebar? I don't remember this being an aspect of the application, but when I select it, it redirects to "Application Overview" within my application.
Thanks!

Yes Registration Fields is a category for me.

Post by Guest »

NewGuest1 wrote:
Guest wrote:Those who can log in and see their application, but no status updates:
Thanks!

Have you always been able to access your application or did you also previously get an error message on Friday and yesterday?

NewGuest1

Post by NewGuest1 »

Guest wrote:
NewGuest1 wrote:
Thanks!

Have you always been able to access your application or did you also previously get an error message on Friday and yesterday?

I did not try on Friday and I'm currently getting the message "you do not have access....." how about you?

Post by Guest »

@NewGuest1
I used to get the "you do not have access to the awardee portal" error message but today I could log into my application fine - no word anywhere though, it just says that my status is complete

Anon011011

Post by Anon011011 »

I never had an issue accessing the application portal. Couldn't access the award portal from late friday though.

Post by Guest »

Thanks!
I can see the 'Registration Field' link, but when I click on it it brings me back to the overview and says 'This section is not available.'

When I try to log in at /award, I get the 'Email/Password incorrect' error.

Post by Guest »

I just started getting the awardee portal error message again

Post by Guest »

Have anyone click on smart.asee.org/award password reset option and **not** receive an email to reset the password. Or have receive a link **different** than smart.asee.org/award/password_reset_form. If you receive a link without the "award" in it my guess is that may be your information is not on the awardee data base, and those that do receive such link are in fact in the awardee data base; that does not mean that those in the data base have a positive response. I guess, may be it is just like when you apply for an University that you get a log in to see that you have been rejected.

UMN2019

Post by UMN2019 »

Guest wrote:
Thanks!
I can see the 'Registration Field' link, but when I click on it it brings me back to the overview and says 'This section is not available.'

I also have the "Registration Fields" section on my application. I am still getting the "your email address or password is incorrect" and this is the same message I got during the loophole. Like I said before, I was also able to reset my password.

Guestesses

Post by Guestesses »

UMN2019 wrote:
Guest wrote:
Thanks!

I also have the "Registration Fields" section on my application. I am still getting the "your email address or password is incorrect" and this is the same message I got during the loophole. Like I said before, I was also able to reset my password.
I have that too, and I believe that it has always been there.