Undergrad to Grad

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.
Odeh1121

Undergrad to Grad

Post by Odeh1121 »

I will be a freshman this year at Carnegie Mellon University and I'm gonna be majoring in mechanical engineering. I've been thinking about applying to this program because I really need the aid. But I had wanted to go straight into graduate work right after i finished my undergrad. Would this be possible? Or would I have to do my 3 years of required work and then I would be able to go to grad school?

Matthew

Re: Undergrad to Grad

Post by Matthew »

Odeh1121 wrote:I will be a freshman this year at Carnegie Mellon University and I'm gonna be majoring in mechanical engineering. I've been thinking about applying to this program because I really need the aid. But I had wanted to go straight into graduate work right after i finished my undergrad. Would this be possible? Or would I have to do my 3 years of required work and then I would be able to go to grad school?
When you apply for this scholarship this fall, you will be applying for a 3 year scholarship. If you are awarded the 3 year scholarship, you can reapply for funding for graduate school. The facility that sponsors your undergraduate degree will have to sponsor the graduate school too. And if they choose to it will prolong your required work. So you would complete your 3 years of undergrad and then go straight to graduate school, and once you finish graduate school you will go to work at the facility that sponsored you.