Army Corps of Engineers

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

Army Corps of Engineers

Post by guest »

So when you look at the map of SFs on SMART's website, there are like 20 divisions for the Army Corps of Engineers, but I can't seem to find any information about any of the divisions. What's up with that?

Re: Army Corps of Engineers

Post by Guest »

This is par for the smart program. Having a map is actually a big upgrade from a few years ago. All the old timers googled everything.

Post by Guest »

I'm wondering the same thing. I can't easily find information on the research they do.

MLW62

Post by MLW62 »

The Corps is its own Bureaucracy within the Army. They are organized geographically by Districts and the districts are subdivided into divisions. They have different responsibilities based on geographic locations too. If there is a concentration of hydroelectric power (west, northwest) versus river navigation (central us) and docks/seawalls (southeast) they tend to have those specialties in their respective offices.

You might find out a little more about what functions are taking place at the different Corps sites by exploring this link: http://www.usace.army.mil/Locations.aspx

Best of luck.