Dellums Updates?

Answers to various questions regarding the SMART Scholarship application process. Includes many tips and statistics.

Dellums Updates?

Post by Guest »

I know that it has award announcements down for May for the Dellums awards, but has anyone heard anything?

I haven't gotten any emails from the scholarship foundation or any interviews either? Not sure if my application was just *that bad* or what.

Anyone else had different experiences so far?

Re: Dellums Updates?

Post by Guest »

1 interview. Haven't heard anything from the Dellums central office people. Stinks that decisions are after May 1 because I am still deciding between schools and now have to put down multiple deposits.

Ronald V

Post by Ronald V »

I have not received any updates from facilities or Smart either. I guess the good news is that I received an interview as well. The SF was not on my list of preferred locations however. I thought the interview went well but I am not crazy about the location.
It is a bit strange that they said decisions are in May. i am still trying to decide between 2-3 schools and have to submit one before knowing what other aid they will provide for room and board.

Oh yeah and I received an email about saving a date in July for orientation.

Post by Guest »

Yeah I agree it's a little weird that they have the Dellums awards in May. I had to go for my safety school due to the potential of "No Money". Maybe Dellums is more of an afterthought?

Post by Guest »

Where did you all get interviews?

HarrisJ

Post by HarrisJ »

Did everyone receive the "Save the Date" for orientation email they sent on Feb 14 for Dellums?

Update

Post by Update »

Yes, also received that email. Budget for Dellums has to be tight as reason for wanting to know schools prior to awards and not being able to change decision once school is selected. They can't have 25 go to Harvard when they are only budgeted for public schools.

Another applicant

Post by Another applicant »

Has anyone gotten anything yet?

GUEST2024

Post by GUEST2024 »

Tomorrow through end of next week will be it. They put out early May so I'm not confident we hear anything this week.

Post by Guest »

Just got the email. My application was not selected which sucks.

Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

Yep. Wasn't selected. I'm crushed, but not deterred.

On a better note: Congratulations to those of you who received an award! I hope it takes you far.